TSI vs Yamalube corrosion protection in the extreeme

Started by JGB, June 16, 2012, 03:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockfish1

I didn't have any problem at all.....ordered a can of liquid and a spray can and got both three days later with no issues.

suitekids

Rockfish1

I ordered straight from TSI.......if you did as well - maybe they don't like to let Jersey stuff go to Florida....BWAAAAAAAAAA

suitekids

LOL, now you know why I moved away from there 36 yrs ago

alantani

bryan was over the other night and opened up the shipping box of tsi 301 with 12 cans inside.  they were all leaking!   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Pro Reel

were they leaking from a seam in the can or did it look like the solvent was eating the can?

alantani

it looks like they wer ALL leaking from around the cap.   :-\

exp2000

What's happened to the pics in this thread?

None of the links work!
~

thedw

kinda irrelevant here, but is it ok if i coat bearings with TSI then pack with grease??? lol!!

echang

Last year I did a multi-month corrosion test with many of the oils and greases that I could find locally, about twenty five in total.  Here were my informal results based on observation:

Corrosion X was the best.  TSI 321 and Superlube teflon Grease tied for second.  Breakfree CLP 3rd. 

Cal's, Yamalube, Corrosion block spray, Boeshield, and Mobil 1 only mediocre at best with Cal's maybe a bit better of that lot. 

Surprises were that all of the rest of the automotive and marine greases performed poorly.  Oils such as Superlube Oil, WD 40 and 3-in-1 oil, Slick 50 teflon oil, and Rem Oil performed poorly.

I was going to post pictures but a big rain storm destroyed the poster board that the samples were glued to.

alantani

alot of work.  thanks for the info!  corrosion x is great stuff!

Mudguts

echang

Nah Alan, just bored I guess.  The Inox wasn't available locally at the time, so wasn't able to test it. 

Surprisingly, Eezox did not fair well at all.   I didn't know about Finish Line teflon grease back then ...would've love to test that one.  Another surprise was that the Superlube teflon grease faired way better by far than any of the other greases tested (but the same brand oil tested poorly).  Confusing though, because other corrosion tests available on the internet don't necessarily support my results.

alantani

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton