Hello from the Great Lake Erie!!

Started by captbob, June 22, 2012, 02:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captbob

I just joined your excellent board. I have been here sniffen around a few times and was impressed with what I found. I retired from construction in 1991, I was a union Iron Worker from Fort Wayne Indiana, I had to as I fell 43 feet, landing on the side of my head and right shoulder, and broke 10 vertebrae in my back and neck. I was a couple years recuperating, and had been fishing mainly Indiana and Michigan lakes, and Lake Erie for about 5 years before my accident. We had a Lake Erie boat and after not being able to work again, the only way I could afford to use my big boat, and keep it, was to put it to work. So I earned my USCG Master Captain License and got my Ohio Guide license and ran enough Charters a year to keep me on the big water till last year. I can't take the pounding Erie puts out anymore. I still fish but I'm a pond pounder now, the lakes around northern Indiana and southern Michigan are where I spend most of my time now, (they seem like ponds) "when I can physically". I have three sons and daughter in laws and have 8 grand kids, so I am blessed.   

I always have taken care of my own grear and have seen a lot of good advice here, so I hope stop in from time to time and enjoy a great sport with others of the same interest. Thanks for having me!!
Fish Hard or Go Home!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fishnazzi

one newbie to another.......bet we are gonna like it here!!
Fishing as often as possible with my son and as many veterans as I can.

redsetta

Welcome aboard captbob.
Good to hear you're back out on the water after an accident like that.
QuoteI have three sons and daughter in laws and have 8 grand kids, so I am blessed.
Congrats mate - you'll fit right in round here... ;) ;D
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Capt. Bob:  Glad you survived your accident.  Glad to see you on this site.  I have a friend High Iron Mike.  He took a dive off of 5 story building and lived.  He was pretty banged up as you can imagine but he is doing well.  He worked high steel construction with a brother-in-law of mine.  The sad part of all this is my brother-in-law risked his life everyday on the high iron and never had an accident.  He died in a freak accident by skiing into a tree.  When your time is up there is nothing that you can do about it.  This is not a tall story.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

yeesh!  years ago my friends father fell 10 feet off a ladder and died.  43 feet is a long way down.  glad you're still in one piece!  welcome. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood.....

Nessie Hunter

captbob, ~ Welcome aboard !!!
How many times have you said that to customers?...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Alto Mare

Welcome captbob! Nice to have you with us.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Looks like nothings gonna keep you down... you'd probably fish in a bath tub if ya had to ;D
Happy to see a passionate fisherman onboard, welcome Capt!
Dom