Hello from Lake Powell

Started by fishnazzi, June 21, 2012, 08:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnazzi

I was referred to this site by a friend from the NW. We were both members of another site.........that this seems to very much the opposite of(YEA). I have a very extensive past involved in fishing. I have worked on fishing boats since age 12 and  have been a 100 ton Master for 29yrs. I am today hired as a houseboat pilot at Lake Powell and do some guiding in a non-paying situation.(more on that at a later time.....it's about Wounded Warriors) The fishing here is awesome we have very healthy fisheries that the limits just keep going up on!!!! The scenery is some of the most beautiful buttes and canyons a person has ever seen. There are almost no services available for reels,rods etc within a couple hundred miles. My son and I(Dakota) build rods and of course work at repairing our own reels. We also are now starting to build some of our own lures and plastics. I like very much what I see on this site and look forward to being an active member of a fishing type site(without the wolf pack mentality)I will see if I can find a thread for posting some pic's of the area and some of our fish from the Lake. Look forward to "meeting" you guys here on the site.

Troy----- Fishnazzi
Fishing as often as possible with my son and as many veterans as I can.

redsetta

Welcome aboard Troy.
Good to hear you're enjoying Alan's place.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Irish Jigger

Welcome to the site Troy, look forward to seeing your pics from Lake Powell.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood....

Maxed Out

Whadya know, wonders never cease.......welcome to the site Troy.(Troy used to ride on my boat and kill salmon and tuna here in Washington before he moved south)

Of course there are plenty of warm water guys here who want to hear all about your years of offshore fishing in So. Cal. along with your lake powel adventures as well.

Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions about reels...These guys are experts and I'm sure you can add some of your expertise also.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

fishnazzi

Wow Thanks guys!!!! I posted a few pic's on the fishing trip photo section(seemed like the right place)....... Looking forward to getting to be a part of this board!!!!

If you want a spot for all things Lake Powell.............. Here it is www.wayneswords.com

It is also very much a non-combat site. It has area's that cover fishing, recreational and such..........

I will do my best to answer questions about the Lake and the area if asked.......

It is one of the best kept secrets in the states...........

Keta

Hi Troy, how have you been?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

fishnazzi

Hey Lee........thought that was you!!!!

Been real good. Working(to much) fishing(not enough)........Working on a few things close to my heart(wounded warriors)...........I see you are now a 6-pac owner.......Hope the fishing off shore is good this year. Should be as the cold water years usually mean dirty water south and full bore up North.........but it usually comes with wind and weather.............

Wanna come south and play in the sunshine got an extra room.........let me know.

fishnazzi

Side note guys.......it appears wayneswords site has crashed........not sure how long until it's up again.......was gonna let them know about this site...............

Any Powell questions.........it appears for now I'm the best "answer" ::)

alantani

welcome!  photos are always appreciated. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

aloa troy thanks for joining

fishnazzi

Bunch of photos(starter set) posted on the fishing trip section. Thanks to everyone looking forward to being a part around here. Also it appears waynes words is back on-line!!!

Dominick

Fishnazzi:  glad to have you aboard.  I had to look up where Lake Powell was.  I had heard of it but was not sure where it was.  It came back to me when I remembered my trips to Zion and Bryce Canyon.  I clicked on your link for Wayne's Word and the page does not say where Lake Powell is.  If anyone else is wondering it is in Utah.  I'm going to the photos now.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

fishnazzi

part of the lake is in arizona also........it is almost dead in the middle(west to east) of az/ut and on the state lines..........kinda
wayneswords does have a nice maps section.......it shows where the lake is and blow ups of the many canyons......

http://www.gpspowell.info/navigate.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20050606005309/www.elakepowell.com/freds/bays.htm

these might help!!

HOLEINTHEWATER

THANKS FOR THE LINK. HAVE A GOOD DAY TO ALL.

DAVE