Penn Senator 1/0

Started by Martianfish, June 24, 2012, 12:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martianfish

Where can I find a schematic for this reel?  It still works great, but I'd like to be able to overhaul it when needed.  Thanks for any info

akfish

Neat reel. mysticparts.com has the schematic and a good selection of parts. However, be aware that many parts for the 1/0 are now very hard to find.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Alto Mare

Here you go Martianfish:
https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/110.pdf
The 1/0 is one of my favorite.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Martianfish

Yup!  That schematic works for me.  I had the reel laying around in the garage and wanted to make a halibut rod.   A neighbor was throwing out a 8 1/2 foot medium action Cabelas rod without a tip; cut the rod shorter only 2" and the spare tip I had laying around fit perfectly.  Filled it with 25# test, a halibut leader rig, 2 oz wt; and I'm good to go.  Haven't caught any halibut yet!