Questions on your #59 Carbontex washers

Started by George4741, June 24, 2012, 02:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George4741

Dawn,
What reel are the #59 carbontex washers sized for, in 0.5mm thickness?  As you may have read in a different post, some of us are experimenting with installing some modified #59 washers in a Penn 114H.  They are thin enough that we can get a 1+7 drag stack.  Do you think they will hold up to 30-35 lbs drag pressure?  Your thoughts, please.  

George
viurem lliures o morirem

Alto Mare

George, I just want to mention that I get those number now on my 6/0 and 9/0, with 1+5 stack, using 1.17mm carbontex.
I believe that 1+7 would add 10 more lb to the reels. This is a good project, as for smoothness and higher drag numbers, lets hope that we'll get it to work.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dawn

Hi George
#59 is from Daiwa Saltist reels.  I have the 114H size washers in .76mm if you think that might work.

Dawn
Dawn

alantani

the weave is very tight and the fiber has nowhere to go because it's trapped inside the main gear.  it should be fine. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

George4741

Dawn and Alan, thank you for your answers.
George
viurem lliures o morirem

George4741

Quote from: Dawn on June 25, 2012, 03:37:05 PM
I have the 114H size washers in .76mm if you think that might work.

Dawn

Dawn, what is the # for the 114H carbontex washers?  I want to check your chart for their measurements.

Thank you,
George
viurem lliures o morirem

redsetta

G'day George,
I believe it's 45B.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

George4741

You're probably right, Justin.  The outer diameter is slightly smaller than my HT100's, but none of Smoothdrag's other offerings match up as well.
George
viurem lliures o morirem

Dawn

Yes, 45B is it, .030.   
Normally using 45A for the standard 5 drag stack.
Dawn

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dawn on June 25, 2012, 03:37:05 PM
Hi George
#59 is from Daiwa Saltist reels.  I have the 114H size washers in .76mm if you think that might work.

Dawn

Hello Dawn, do you have the .76mm washers for the 114H already cut and ready to ship?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dawn

Dawn

Dawn

Had another thought...#45B is the 114H in .030 (.76)
Washer #45C will fit in the 114H also, but the center hole is a little larger.  Thickness .020.  
For the 7 drag stack you could possibly use #45C up to the top of the gear, after that 45B, since 45C might slide a little to the side (not stay in line with the stack) with the larger center hole.  I don't know how many of each you'd need since I don't where the gear I have went to.
I know I could explain this better, but not right now apparently :)  Hope you know what I mean.

Dawn

Modified this post...keep reading
Dawn

George4741

Hi Dawn,
I'm also considering the #45C and I need 6 of them.  However, I don't understand what you mean about the "gear". ???  If you have the #45C in stock, I'll be placing an order soon.

Thank you,
George   
viurem lliures o morirem

Alto Mare

Hello Dawn, could you explain the difference between the two? Is the 45B the right size? Thanks! Sal

Dawn

Any of the washers that will be sitting above the top of the gear, center hole would have to fit tight to the shaft, so they wouldn't slip out of line.  So they wouldn't look like a wobbly stack of pancakes   ;)
Dawn