Attempting to find a 5-40 tap

Started by Ken_D, June 24, 2012, 07:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

Many times it seems the longer they have something the prouder it becomes.
   In the early 90s I used to purchase some reel parts from an older gentelmans reel repair shop in the North Berkely area on San Pablo Ave. when I was working  down there .
   The last time I went in there for a few items I also inquired about a Tiburon frame for a Penn 500. The old man was not there but his wife was and as to my inquiry she looked in a new catalog from Tib and qouted me a price. Just about the time she qouted the price I saw the frame I was looking forin the display case taged at $15. I mentioned the frame in the case to her and she picked it up  her price was very proud at about $35.  I thanked the old sourpuss and left the store without making a purchase.
   And as some say I voted with my feet and never had inclination or occasion to return.

Buzz

Buzz

Wintu

google Travers Tool also Do All industrial. The 3 types are starting, tapper, and bottom then also the lenghts.Also google indusrial tools /machine tools.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

harryk3616

help     i purchased two 5-40 taps from a member last week and received them today,  unfortunatley i lost his email address and can't let him know i got them.    he was from  indiana.  i hope he reads this email so he'll know i got them.     thanks   harryk

VW