Is there a part 3 to the Avet Sx /MXJ rebuld?

Started by DinoD, June 25, 2012, 01:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoD

I have looked at the tutorials  several times, but it does not show the other
half of the reel. Is there a tutorial to show how to service the other bearings and gears ?

One more thing. Is Avet red grease good for packing the other bearings?

Thanks.....

alantani

this was a quickie.  i never did the crank side.  i'm not sure i would ever have time.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Nice tutorial from Ireland with some very good advice re reel care and preventative maintenance.
AlanT gets a  mention too. ;)

alantani

very cool.  stuff like that is really great to see!  when i first started this, no one else was taking the time to post tutorials with this level of detail.  it is truely nothing special.  it just takes a good camera, a few tools and a rainy afternoon with the wife out of the house so that you won't get detoured.  anybody, and i seriously mean anybody, can do this!  it is not that hard.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Very good.  Scratch that reel off the list now.  :)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nuvole

Quote from: alantani on June 25, 2012, 05:07:45 PM
very cool.  stuff like that is really great to see!  when i first started this, no one else was taking the time to post tutorials with this level of detail.  it is truely nothing special.  it just takes a good camera, a few tools and a rainy afternoon with the wife out of the house so that you won't get detoured.  anybody, and i seriously mean anybody, can do this!  it is not that hard.   ;D

Not forgetting handling camera with oily fingers... I've to buy my wife her own personnel camera, before posting any procedure to strip my reel ...>_<...