torium 30 bad ar bearing

Started by rx7240sx, June 26, 2012, 12:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REK

First off, if it's a Torium, you're going to have a bushing under the drive shaft, not a bearing. And unless this bushing is really worn out, I can't see how this effects the AR from working properly. Assuming you have the correct parts(AR bearing/tube), this is what I do. So far, zero failures using the reel for 50# and a tight drag to stick that hook point into a wahoo. The AR bearing and tube needs to be clean(salt/grime) and free of grease and oils. I use a Q-tip and drip Corrision X on one side. I roll any excess off the tip. I want it wet but not dripping wet. I use this to "treat" the AR bearings. I use the dry side to wipe off any excess CX off the bearing. I also use CX on a clean piece of paper towel to wipe clean and "treat" the tube. I also wipe any excess off with a clean, dry paper towel. Also make sure there is no grease or oil dripping off the bearing that sits over the tube. So far, so good. Zero failures. Parts are dry of grease and oils so I DO maintain these parts after every trip. And you can upgrade the AR pawl with a DC spring and pawl for piece of mind.