Bicycle grease

Started by kenwahoo, June 26, 2012, 01:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenwahoo

There's some bike grease that is low viscosity high temperature which sounds the ticket for bearings. Many are also waterproof although maybe not salt water. Nonetheless it may be suitable as the viscosity will be lower than standard marine or car grease. If you have used it please advise your experiences.

Bryan Young

Sorry, no experieces here using bicycle grease in reels yet.  Want to see if Front Line 100% teflon grease works on drags, but haven't had the chance yet.

I've been replacing my bicycle grease with marine grease mixed with corrosionX, and have been happy ever since.  Skateboard, well, open, cleaned, TSI and shields back on.  Dang this is fast.  Almost got away from me several times pushing off.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bruce

I have been using Phil Wood waterproof bottom bracket grease in my refurbishes .
  No idea yet how it holds up to salt water.
  Has anyone tried any other Teflon based grease on carbon drags?
  I almost gave it a try but had Cals anyway.

Buzz
Buzz

alantani

pure teflon grease might work!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dave Bentley

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 26, 2012, 04:40:49 AM
Sorry, no experieces here using bicycle grease in reels yet.  Want to see if Front Line 100% teflon grease works on drags, but haven't had the chance yet.

I've been replacing my bicycle grease with marine grease mixed with corrosionX, and have been happy ever since.  Skateboard, well, open, cleaned, TSI and shields back on.  Dang this is fast.  Almost got away from me several times pushing off.

Careful on the skateboard, you're not as young as you used to be. LOL
Only believe that which you know to be true.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dave Bentley on June 26, 2012, 09:09:40 AM
Quote from: Bryan Young on June 26, 2012, 04:40:49 AM

Careful on the skateboard, you're not as young as you used to be. LOL
X2.
Time to let the kids enjoy it now Bryan, we need you here in one piece ;)...old man!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.