Rock fishing on the Enterprise 06.24.2012

Started by spottybastard, June 26, 2012, 10:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spottybastard

I took a ride on the Enterprise out of Long Beach Marina this past Sunday. We started out at the bait receiver, lots of big sardine, huge anchovies with some brown bait mixed in (queenfish/tomcod), later found out they has some live squid in the bottom they were saving if we ran into the grey ghosts. First stop was about a half mile in front of Palos Verde for barracuda but couldn't find them so... we went rock fishing and hoping to run into some thing call a "Spanish Jack", found out that what I used to call jack mackerel. Did alright not a banner day, I got two good sized bocacios , 4 larger sand dabs, 5 big sculpins and a "wtf". I didn't have any luck on the grumpies or the "Spanish Jacks".
The current was really strong and there were a ton of weird looking jellyfish everywhere.

Did most of my fishing with one of my new Penn Conquerors, worked like a champ, but this really wasn't much of a challenge...

That was pretty much it.

Let me know if you know what this is please.

Nessie Hunter

Picture isnt very clear..  

BUT,  ill take a guess at Midshipman...  
Strange looking with Photo?? lines all up & down, snaggel teeth!!!

Ill see if I can find a pic...   BRB

Bad Pic but you can see it better...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bill B

Think I'll still call it a "WFT" fish....looks as tasty as a sanddab....hmmmmm....hungry....where's the oil and frying pan?
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD