My Lubricants

Started by suitekids, June 27, 2012, 06:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suitekids

Here are my handy precision oilers for my rods and reels

alantani

let us know how the tsi 301 does in the plastic bottle!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Where did you get those bottles?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nessie Hunter

The dark caps Look just like my Oust Met-ol Bottles.. 
I save them also, and put the 301 & 321 in them...

I Have had 301 in one of those for close to a year, its doing fine... 
Refiled it dozens of time...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

suitekids

Alto Mare

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on June 27, 2012, 09:31:23 PM

Me  too. The only problem I have is that the label I put on doesn't last.
Magic marker will also be no match for 301, but the plastic bottles are doing just fine.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: suitekids on June 27, 2012, 09:56:10 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on June 27, 2012, 07:11:31 PM
Where did you get those bottles?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120927442752

$3 each without shipping!!!!   YIKES..
I Pay almost that for them full of Oust!!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 27, 2012, 10:07:22 PM
Quote from: Nessie Hunter on June 27, 2012, 09:31:23 PM

Me  too. The only problem I have is that the label I put on doesn't last.
Magic marker will also be no match for 301, but the plastic bottles are doing just fine.

LMAO.... 
I Have the same problem with Label!!!!   
Using Masking tape with Marker pen..
Man the 301 gets into everything & cleans it!!!!  LOL

WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Rockfish1

As long as the bottles are HDPE they should be just fine.  I cut plastic milk jugs off and use the bottom 4" for lots of things with solvents......nothing touches them....including the TSI 301 I've been trying.  As I think I said somewhere else......most if not all of the natural gas pipe in north america is HDPE - should tell you something about it's chemical resistance.

Biggameaddict

When would you need to use precision oilers? i still cant think of anything i could use them on.

suitekids

Quote from: Biggameaddict on June 30, 2012, 01:55:27 AM
When would you need to use precision oilers? i still cant think of anything i could use them on.

rollers on your rods, handle knobs on your reels as an example, anywhere you need to deliver a precise amount of lubricant or penetrant, WD40 don't work!

Biggameaddict

Quote from: suitekids on June 30, 2012, 04:54:26 PM

rollers on your rods, handle knobs on your reels as an example, anywhere you need to deliver a precise amount of lubricant or penetrant, WD40 don't work!

I strip MY reels down to the bone so i wouldnt need these but if its for someone else they should come in handy lol.

Jim

That's exactly how I apply bearing oil also. Get mine from a RC store, they just throw them out when they're empty!
Perfect for applying just a scant drop to bearings . . . too much oil is horrible for freespool.

Bryan Young

Good idea Jim.  I gotta go to the RC store.  Maybe they will save it for me if I trade for case of soda or something like that so it stays off the books, and something for their efforts.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Irish Jigger

Quote from: suitekids on June 30, 2012, 04:54:26 PM

I find this little  pen oil dispenser invaluable for the above applications.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRECISION-OIL-DISPENSER-PEN-OILER-/110902778940?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item19d2521c3c#ht_1671wt_954