Penn Senator 1/0

Started by lightj12, August 03, 2009, 02:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightj12

Rebuilding a Senator 1/0 and had a question about the gear sleeve for this reel. Attempting to install a fine thread gear sleeve (98-505) on this reel and it appears that the Penn 1/0 bridge plate assembly (3-99) has a gear sleeve w/ a smaller ID than a 98-60 (or 98-505) gear sleeve, giving excessive tolerance between the bridge plate stud & the sleeve. Is there a fine thread gear sleeve (stock part or aftermarket) available for this reel? At this time I'm staying w/the original sleeve, which is not excessively worn, but was hoping for a fine thread drag adjustment if possible. A stainless version of the coarse thread sleeve will work as well.

Thanks for your help

Jeremy Light

alantani

jeremy, i've actually never opened up a 1/0 penn personally, but i've seen several bridges with these skinnier gear sleeve posts.  i believe they must be some of the oldest reels that penn makes.  check with mysticparts.com to see if they have anything that might work.  sometimes they have a private stash.  i'll see if i have anything as well.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

also, a machine shop could put a brass sleeve inside the gear sleeve.  i know this is something that could be done by the machinist that i work with.  he's had to do it before.  alan

lightj12

Let me know if your machinest can install a brass sleeve in a stainless 98-505 gear sleeve, or re-tool & fabricate one w/ a smaller diameter hole to accomodate a 3-99 bridge plate gear sleeve stud. Would me much appreciated.
Thanks.
Jeremy Light

alantani

jeremy, can you ship the reel out to me?  don't worry about the cost.  you're covered.  my address is here....

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=277.0

lightj12

I'll get it out to you in early September; busy this month. Thanks again.