Vancouver, Washington I go

Started by Bryan Young, June 28, 2012, 11:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

I'll be going up to Vancouver, WA for work.  Right now, I'll be there on July 12 and 13, 2012.  Wondering if I should stay an extra day to go fishing on the Columbia, and if so any recommendations?  I need to make my final decision by tomorrow afternoon...decisions, decisions.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

seaeagle2

Just remember it's Vancouver, WA, not BC, every year there's an article in the paper about somebody who gets mixed up.  It's easy to get into Canada, they might ask for photo id, (driver's license). Getting back into the US, gots to have your passport.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Keta

The albacore are starting to show up so all my friends are looking further west.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Maxed Out

Not sure about the Columbia, but right at the mouth of the river is the ocean and the coastal town of Ilwaco Washington. (about an hour drive from Vancouver)

A day trip on a party boat may just suit your needs. I recommend "pacific salmon charters". They have a decent fleet of 40 to 55 footers that are great fishcatchers.

Call and talk to Milt (800-831-2695). I've been out with them a few times and if you want to get onto a San Diego type offshore boat, they have a 56' little hoqium with 19' beam named "pacific dream". Best boat in the fleet comfort wise and fishin success wise.

Good luck Bryan.

I'm open for July 16th just an hour north of Seattle. Our inside the sound chinook fishery opens the 16th and I'd be glad to take you out for a day or 2 if you can make it up my way.....Got a empty bedroom you could crash in as well.......Payback time brutha.

P.S. bring your raingear no matter where you decide to try fishing up here, cause it rains more than it sunshines.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Quote from: Max Doubt on June 29, 2012, 02:30:07 AM
they have a 56' little hoqium with 19' beam named "pacific dream". Best boat in the fleet comfort wise and fishin success wise.

Tom the owner of the Pacific Dream is a good friend of mine, his captain Ed will get you into fish.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Thanks.  Will call tomorrow to see.  I have to be back on Saturday Night...that's the only drawback.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nessie Hunter

MY daughter lives in Vancouver, Wa.  
She fishes often with friends and other crazy people!!!!
Also have a Son who lives in Vancouver, Wa.   He doesnt fish as much..
With all the Sturgeon, Salmon & Steelheads they catch, I cant get them to even try LMB fishing there.   SO much water and Bass looking areas also..  Some great Smallmouth fishing from what I have read....
Let me get a couple of pics for ya.... BRB....

Here are a few I pulled off her Facebook page...

If need be I can get you here Phone # and she may be able to lend you a hand in whats happening right now and where!!! 
Let me know....  :-)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

dobrobill

Salmon are suppose to be jumping in the boat in the northwest from what I saw in the news yesterday.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Bryan Young

Here I go again.  Leave tomorrow and will be back on Friday.  If you are waiting for parts and/or reels to get done, sorry.  Day job calling.

Nessie Hunter

Have a good & Safe trip Bryan.....
Hope you were able to get hooked up for some fishin...
Or at least some Hawaiian BBQ with Walt...  :-)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on July 17, 2012, 09:40:39 PM
Have a good & Safe trip Bryan.....
Hope you were able to get hooked up for some fishin...
Or at least some Hawaiian BBQ with Walt...  :-)
Flying up with my customer.  Not sure how much fun I will really have, but maybe can meet up with Walt and Rebecca for dinner.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.