canyon 30 hs

Started by alantani, June 29, 2012, 03:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

had problems with this reel during the shoot last year and never finished it.  a friend of mine asked me to at least post the photos, so here goes.  \

this last shot is a comparison between a canyon spool bearing on the left the the two avet bearings, middle and right. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tile

The main advantage of push bar type lever drag reels is the beefyness of their parts. The Avet spool bearings look like they belong in a spinner.
In solid fiberglass we trust

spearo776

what is your overal feeling of these reels. worth the money and should hold up??

Bryan Young

Once gone through, it's a pretty decent reel.  Bigger bearings are nice but has it's sacrafices.  The reel isn't as smooth as the Avet and it takes a bit of energy of get the spool moving and doesn't free spool as long
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

hossamyazeed

alan,
i have this reel but the two speed version, i notice it become noisy , i greased the reel and i  found the cog is rubbing the bearing as showing in the attached pic. any ideal how to fix this issue.
regards

alantani

are you missing a spacing washer under the main gear?   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!