Abu Garcia T-Alloy

Started by jiggyjig, April 06, 2012, 11:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggyjig

Hi guys,
I have a couple of these reels that I would like to strip and service.
I say an article in an NZ fishing mag a few years ago detailing how to do this - but can no longer find it.
Does anybody have any hints, or a photo step by step guide for this?
Cheers
Dave ;)

Irish Jigger

alantani

ugghhh, spinners!   ;D  haven't seen a rebuild post for this one.  schematics are your best bet.  change out the drags to greased carbon fiber and pack all of the bearings with grease.  the rest of it should be straight in, straight out. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

G'day Dave, welcome aboard.
Alan's right - schematics are your best bet...
If you run into any difficulties, let me know - PM or email.
Cheers, Justin
PS I'm based in Auckland, if that helps.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

jiggyjig

Thanks guys, I'm sure I say a procedure in NZ Fishing News, or one of the other mags a few years back, but can't track it down. I have the schematics, so should be okay. I'm in Wellsford RS. Cheers  Dave  ;)

jaypeegee

Hi,

Sorry bout the old thread resurrection

I've been inspired by pulling apart the SL20SHB's I got recently and have started dealing to a T-Alloy 2500 I have.
I got as far as pulling apart to the handle housing before I realised the prudence of looking at a schematic.
Any one here have an electronic copy?
Have looked around and am failing to find one. :o
Reckon I got the rest of the reel sorted... all pulled apart, cleaned and greased and reassembled
But the handle housing looks all or nothing.

Cheers

redsetta

G'day JPG,
T-Alloy schematics are hard to come by, but I believe the Cardinal is similar in design so may be of some assistance.
Here: http://www.abugarcia.com/sites/default/files/schematics/CARDINALC506FD%20YEAR%202002.PDF
Let us know if you run into any difficulties.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

jaypeegee

Quote from: redsetta on June 29, 2012, 10:10:10 PM
G'day JPG,
T-Alloy schematics are hard to come by, but I believe the Cardinal is similar in design so may be of some assistance.
Here: http://www.abugarcia.com/sites/default/files/schematics/CARDINALC506FD%20YEAR%202002.PDF
Let us know if you run into any difficulties.
Good luck, Justin

Hi Justin
Thank you, Looking at the schematic it certainly looks similar
Appreciate that immensely