How To Make Your Own Spool Pin Pliers

Started by Biggameaddict, June 30, 2012, 01:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggameaddict

Hey everybody, how you guys doin? Well after my first rebuild ive been stuck to rebuilding stuff not just reels just everything cause its fun to me and now every night in bed and every morning in bed plus every hour of the day i think about how to rebuild my reels and fix bugs.  ;D. so me being the person that i am i walked into the 99 cent store to buy some rebuild stuff and my eyes crossed by a hole puncher

so i bought it thinking i could make my own spool pin pliers, and it took me less than five minutes.
first i took off this tray

then this metal peice that grabs the paper, (you have to drill out a rivet here)

and i got this!

I tried it on a spool.............................. (that scrathc was already there

It only pushed out half way though and it kept on touching the bearing which bothered the function and i was afraid it would damage something.

so i went outside, a drill, a dremel, and a grinder later i got this

I just trimmed off the sides, smoothed the metal that pushes the pin, smoothed the sides, and drilled the hole larger on the bottom. it still pushes the pin out half way but you can live with it. I might go out now and trim off the sides just to make the whole thing thinner.Its not that hard so when you head out to buy some engine degreaser, bearing pullers, or other stuff pick up one of these and get to work.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

wallacewt

now that you have started you are going to end up with a 100 gadgets,for a 100 different jobs like the rest of us,as you get older discard them all and buy from a shop.because you become lazy. but it is a lot of fun.cheers

Biggameaddict

Quote from: wallacewt on July 01, 2012, 02:07:34 AM
now that you have started you are going to end up with a 100 gadgets,for a 100 different jobs like the rest of us,as you get older discard them all and buy from a shop.because you become lazy. but it is a lot of fun.cheers
Haha lol im still 14 i think i can still build alot of gadgets and it is alot of fun it calmes ur nerves down.