Penn Peer 109

Started by SeaDawg, July 01, 2012, 12:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaDawg

Hi! Quick question if I might...........

I just went through a Peer 109, my first, and it does not free spool when "taken out of gear". Instead it is able to be reeled in both directions. Is this correct?? I looked at the schematics and don't see any kind of spring to move the pinion gear when the ECCENTRIC LEVER is engaged or dis-engaged :)
God created the fishing pole to keep the truly gifted from ruling the world...........

DISCLAIMER: All information posted by me anywhere on the internet is purely for entertainment purposes. Information in my postings cannot be relied upon as, nor considered, factual. Thank you.

akfish

That's how it is supposed to work. The 109 (as well as the 10 and 310) had the option of fishing the reel "direct drive" or with the standard anti-reverse and drag. Steelhead fishermen tell me they liked that feature.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

SeaDawg

Thank you sir!! I guess I did it correctly :) Tight Lines!!!
God created the fishing pole to keep the truly gifted from ruling the world...........

DISCLAIMER: All information posted by me anywhere on the internet is purely for entertainment purposes. Information in my postings cannot be relied upon as, nor considered, factual. Thank you.