rebuild of older 114h problem with drag

Started by jg125, July 01, 2012, 03:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jg125

I rebuilt a older 114h with the easy access drag I replaced the old drag system with new ht100 drag kit and washers I tested the drag pressure on a rod with drag scale and can only get about 14# of drag pressure and that is locked down I lightly coated drag washers with cals reassembled as shown in reel schematic I rebuilt many newer style with no problems I also rebuilt a penn 49 and have the same problem I only can get about 8# of drag locked down also new drag washers and metal washers I dont know what I am doing wrong Like I said before reassembled reels made sure all washers were correctly installed to penn schematics.

Alto Mare

You should be getting double that. Check the picture, the layout on the right shows what you should have. These are 113H's, but the 114H is similar. You should have two metal keyed washer at the top, one being a little thicker, then the top hot, the tension spring and the star.

Let me know if this helps.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jg125

Thanks alto I will check that I will let you know