Alright, I'm Ready - Here We Go...

Started by jechterhoff, July 01, 2012, 11:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jechterhoff

Hello From Amarillo, TX.  Please stop laughing...

Today I ordered a new 6500 C3.  While online I also ordered two new spool bearings; ABEC #7's.  I have never replaced a fishing reel bearing in my life.  From reading several posts on 6500 C3's, I'm not sure I should have bought TWO spool bearings for this reel.  You may ask yourself, why did he buy new bearings for his new reel?  Answer:  I simply want the spool to spin like a top!  Can this reel accomodate ceramic bearings of this caliber and would somebody please volunteer to put them on for me??  LOL!  JEE. 
For God So Loved The World, He Did Not Send A Committee

wallacewt

hi lee hi low
no lee,you must at least try to do it yourself,
it will be fixed one way or another
you will feel like you won lotto
got trouble ask the boys on here

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

jee, they're not that hard.  get some carbontex drag washers and cal's grease from smoothdrag.com while you're at it!  and welcome.....    ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jechterhoff

Because we are a bit cramped in our apt. for now, I decided to send a total of four reels to Tommie and Connie at Lake Fork, etc.  Connie and I have emailed several times and because Alan "...is such a great guy..." she said "send them on!"

I plan to light out on my own on first reel disassembly at a different time.  Sandra and I re-met at our 40 year H.S. reunion in 2010 after we both were alone for 30 years; we married two months later.  Just how much **** can one woman accumulate in 30 years?   I took a new job in Amarillo, found us (and her Shih Tzu) a large apt. and I found out.  Thanks so much for your support.  I will keep you posted on the progress.  I can hardly wait to hit the TX. coast again as I have for over 50 years.  The Speckled Trout, Redfish and Flounder are almost jumping in the ice chests; especially in the cool at night!  Take care, JEE.

Bryan Young

Amarillo, TX huh?  I have never heard of that place until I was in Japan and there was the sweetest older lady from Amarillo on missions with my friend a part of a team from around the US. 

Anyhoo, glad you joined us.  Visit often, and welcome.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jechterhoff

It's been a small while since we talked.  I chose not to replace the existing parts on the new Abu 6500 C3.  I DID however, jump in and sucessfully (and easily) changed out the spool bearings on the Curado 300E and the 200G7.  The Calcutta's and the Lews Speed Spool went out and came back with new all of the above.  I won't be able to fish my equipment until our vacation coming up in mid-October.  I'll continue to "lurk" and enjoy my reading here at Tani's Place.  Thanks and keep casting!  JEE.