Bad storm hits the Northern Chesapeake

Started by Alto Mare, July 02, 2012, 01:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Yesterday, Locust Point Marina got hit by a bad storm with gusts up to 85 mph. I'm about an hour drive, so I decided to go and check the boat. The kids wanted to come along for the ride. Here is a shot of some of the fallen trees:
I could barely drive in, the owner Fred told me that he was up all night with a chainsaw, trying to create a path and he did a good job.
Few boats got damaged, but mine was O.K. The kids wanted to do a little fishing, so we got on the boat and fished for about two hours. My son Anthony told me that it was his best time ever. He was catching white perch, yellow perch and sunfish steady  and most of the time he had two on, My daughter Alyssa also had a great time. We also took a ride to the channel to catch some large catfish. It was a great day on the water, the best part for me was when Anthony told me that he couldn't wait to go back, that made it for me, I thought he was losing interest.
Here are a couple of shots of their catches:

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Nice one Sal - looks like a great day out on the water with the kids.
Also looks like you were fortunate with the boat!
My wife and son headed back to Ireland this morning for six weeks, so my daughter and I will hopefully be chasing some mid-winter snapper while they're away. ;) ;D
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

Irish Jigger

Quality time on the water with your family,great.  Saw the bad weather reports on the TV. Glad your boat weathered the storm.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Wow Justin, six weeks is a long time, your daughter will have lots of quality time with dad. She will be talking about it for some time,
mine is in college and still talks about our quality time, when it was just me and her. They never forget ;).
Show us some pictures.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Irish Jigger

Quote from: redsetta on July 02, 2012, 01:56:19 AM

My wife and son headed back to Ireland this morning for six weeks, so my daughter and I will hopefully be chasing some mid-winter snapper while they're away. ;) ;D
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Justin
Hi Justin,my thoughts and prayers are with your father in law. Hope all goes well for him and that  your wife and son have a safe journey back to Ireland.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Irish Jigger on July 02, 2012, 08:53:03 AM
Quality time on the water with your family, great. Glad your boat weathered the storm.

x2

broadway

Sal,
      Glad to see you and the family out on the water enjoying a break from your crazy work schedule.  When the kids have a great day on the water it gets them right back into the sport doesn't it?  That's the secret to getting people hooked on fishing... catching fish!  Anthony got his locks back in full force, and Alyssas got a great smile, and best of all you guys made some great memories together.  Also, very happy to hear your boat made it through those storms... we had some vicious ones', too! >:(
Churned up the water pretty good, but the fishing has held up quite well cause the bait didn't leave... thus the stripers stayed around.  Gotta ask, does the misses ever come out with yas or is that your time with the kids.  My sister-in-law gets sea sick, so the time on the water with the kids is pretty much all for me and my bro  8)
Hope ya keep hittin' em,
Dom

redsetta

Cheers Sal, will do.
It's about 50F (10C) and hosing down today, but the weekend's looking good.
Thanks Tom - much appreciated.
All the best lads, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Sorry to hear about your father in law Justin, I hope that all is well.
Sal

Alto Mare

Dom, sorry I just got that. My wife is not much of a boat person, she comes out a couple of times a year. I'm glad, when she does come out she packs a few bags. My boat is not as big as yours, when she puts those bags down, can't move around much.

Dominick

Sal:  I flew back on Sunday a couple of days earlier than expected.  I was trying to figure out a way to get up there for a visit.  Next trip.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick, I would have loved being on Broadway with you, Dom, Diane and Joe, there was too much going on and still is. I was trying to surprise you and come over Joe's house to say hello, but I just didn't have the time. I haven't been on my boat for about 2 months, I only got to fish a little becouse of the storm. Next time Dominick.
You all looked good out there on Broadway.....great report!

broadway

Sal,
     Why not build her a second floor on your boat... you're a handy guy ;)
PS- if you went to Staten Isle you do know I wouldn't have been very happy unless you came by Manhattan ;) You're always welcome!
Dom