Upgraded 4-0

Started by ichi8328, July 02, 2012, 08:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ichi8328

Hey Guys,

I am looking into upgrading my 4-0 H2LW (made in CHina) to 4:1 gears with either Newell or Accurate gears. I was wondering if these gears would fit into this newer 113H2LW? Also, would it be necessary to purchase a S.S. yoke as well?  Is having a S.S. yoke better for the reel anyway even without the upgraded gears? If any of you tired this before let me know. I don't want to buy anything if it won't fit.

Thanks,

Ichi

alantani

parts are so hard to find.  i doubt that you will find a 4:1 gear set for these reels.  i would first pull the drags and grease them, then clean out the bearings and relube them.  lastly, look at a new handle grip. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ichi8328

Thanks for the quick response.

I have a power handle and knob.  But will the new gears fit with the newer 4-0s?  and is the stainless steel yoke important to get as well?  The parts are available.  My main question is will the new gears fit.  I want to know this before I spend the money.

Thanks,

Ichi

alantani

that i do not know.  i've actually never seen the new 4/0. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

I don't own this reel, but according to Scott's yes the gears will fit. Here is the schematic, just click on the part number and it will let you know on how many reels that part will fit. Your reel has a different gear sleeve, but the gears are the same. Good luck with your project.
https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/113h2lw.pdf

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

G'day and welcome Ichi,
The 4/0 will be a great project and no doubt serve you well.
The S/S yoke is recommended if you upgrade the gears, as the higher ratio will eventually wear the stock yoke.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer