order for dawn

Started by gulfdaddy, July 03, 2012, 09:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gulfdaddy

Dawn I am new here and I am hoping to order one set of drag washers, both metal and carbon for a Penn 6/0 with the black sides.  Hoping to gain the most drag that I can so I am leaving this up to you suggestions.  I will check back here for instructions unless there is a more correct way to order.  Thanks, Gulfdaddy

redsetta

G'day and welcome GD,
Dawn may not get the chance to check here everyday, so it'd probably pay to send an email as well: info@smoothdrag.com.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

gulfdaddy

Thanks the link helps.  I will give them a call.

redsetta

By the way, I believe you're looking for Carbontex #20.
The standard Penn HT-100s are 24.25 x 15.16 x 1.23mm (ie #6-114).
The Carbontex equivalent is 24.15 x 14.5 x 1mm (ie #20), so may need the ID filed slightly to fit.
Hope that helps.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dawn

Unfortunately I don't have the metal washers, and don't make a Carbontex specifically for this reel.
This is a tough one, because to use/adapt Carbontex thinner washers you'd need the extra metal washers, and I'm not sure how you would be able to find them, unless you can find a parts reel around somewhere.
Maybe the guys will have a solution?

Dawn

Bryan Young

Gulfdaddy, you may want to order a set or two of metal washers from PennParts and order CFs from Dawn or order a set of metal and CF (HT-100) from PennParts.  It depends on how you want the drags to stack.  I believe MysticParts will only have a 3 CF stack whereas you may be able to make a 5+1 stack with Carbontex washers.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

George4741

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 06, 2012, 06:34:53 PM
Gulfdaddy, you may want to order a set or two of metal washers from PennParts and order CFs from Dawn or order a set of metal and CF (HT-100) from PennParts.  It depends on how you want the drags to stack.  I believe Penn Pars will only have a 3 CF stack whereas you may be able to make a 5+1 stack with Carbontex washers.

Bryan and Gulfdaddy,
MysticParts now offers the 5 stack of drag washers, metals and HT100's.  I upgraded my old 6/0 several years ago.  Check them out.  https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Conventional.aspx#Senator1
 George

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
viurem lliures o morirem

Alto Mare

When I see a good deal I like to pass it along:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PENN-DRAG-WASHER-KIT-6-114SP-/150743979209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23190a94c9
Dan from Winchesterbay is another of my favorite seller.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: Dawn on July 06, 2012, 02:06:42 AM
Unfortunately I don't have the metal washers, and don't make a Carbontex specifically for this reel.
This is a tough one, because to use/adapt Carbontex thinner washers you'd need the extra metal washers, and I'm not sure how you would be able to find them, unless you can find a parts reel around somewhere.
Maybe the guys will have a solution?

If I have one each of the Penn washers and a main gear I can draw them up and have them cut, in 3 or 4 thicknesses, but sometimes it takes a week or more at the cuttter and this is my "busy" time of the year.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain