Need Help! Abu Revo S

Started by rusn007, July 04, 2012, 02:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusn007

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums.  Been fishing for a while but recently I started to upgrade my equipment and decided to try and do the maintenance myself.

I have an Abu Revo S that I have been using in the surf.  Great little reel - been pretty happy with it so far.  It got dunked in the water about a month ago and I started to notice that the drag wasn't as smooth.  Last night I opened it up.  I did a quick clean, re-oiled it and tried to put it back together.  I was pretty happy - until I realized I have an extra copper washer that I don't know where it goes.  I took it back apart and still couldn't figure it out. If anybody can help and guide me in the right direction - I would really appreciate.  I looked at  Revo Inshore write ups but didn't see anywhere this specific washer.

I been to this site before and found really good writeups.  I hope that one day I could add my own.

Thanks in advance.

-Stan

redsetta

G'day and welcome Stan,
I reckon we're looking at part number #32 (edit: I meant #30 here, sorry), a shim washer which goes under the nylon idler gear at the bottom of the drive shaft.

The pic's from BGA's tutorial here: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=4347.0
Let us know how you get on.
Good luck, Justin
PS Schematic here, if it helps: http://www.abugarcia.com/sites/default/files/schematics/REVOS%201600.pdf
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Biggameaddict

Hey stan welcome to the forum. I cant tell the size of the shim from the picture but the shim should either fit on the drive shaft on top of the last drag washer or on the left side of the worm gear levelwind assembly. assembly. Whichever one it fits on put it there cause the shims are made specifically for each part. Tell us how it works good luck.

It can also fit inside the level wind cap where the pawl goes.

Bryan Young

Welcome Stan.  Sorry your first post is a troubling one.  I hope we are able to help, and have a couple of good suggestions already.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Danhans

i have one revo s..i'll open it now and look for the washer..

Justin is right..it's under the gear sleeve.. ;D

rusn007

Guys, thank you for all your help.  So far I'm still trying to figure out where it goes.  I don't think its item #32 as I never took off the drive shaft.  Also, it looks like there is a washer there already (although it is not copper). I know it is also not #93 (on top of the last drag).  Any other ideas where it might go?

I figured out the cast control order.  I looked at the schematics that came with my reel (ordered new last  November) and it does have the clicker.

Thanks again for your help.

Danhans

from the schematic; http://www.abugarcia.com/sites/default/files/schematics/REVOS%201600.pdf
the copper washer is #30

about those things in the cast control knob, it's a clicker assembly i believe but my revo S dont have clicker..
are you sure yours is S, not STX??

STX schematic;
http://www.abugarcia.com/sites/default/files/schematics/REVOS%201600.pdf

see #55-60

Biggameaddict

The cast control assembly should go in the same order you lined it up in the picture i think 80% sure. The copper washer should go under the drive shaft like in my photo.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

i looked at the STX schematics and i see this key #93. check it out...good luck!

Pro Reel

I think thats the shim washer that goes under the E clip on the end of the worm gear.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

ooops not  #93 either huh ??? can you give us the dimension of the washer? it looks like ID=> 8 mm...if your reel doesn't have any missing parts then all  i can think of is it is one of those errors during assembly, put 2 instead of 1.

rusn007

You guys are awesome!

It ended up being item #30.  I don't know how it came off since I never took it apart during my cleaning.  The good thing, I'm more familiar with the reel - and will be able to do a better job next time.  Thank you all once again.

By the way, where do you guys buy grease for the washers? Would any grease do the job or you use something specific?

-Stan