Okuma cz10cs

Started by Jerseymic, July 04, 2012, 08:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the Okuma Cortez cz10cs.

Mike.

alantani

it has greased carbon fiber drags washers.  that was the first thing i looked for.  the rest of the reel should be pretty straight forward. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jerseymic

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the info, it is good to know that the drags look okay, I took a chance and ordered one a couple of days ago, I liked the look of it and it was on a special price so hopefully it will perform okay.

Mike.

flyntus

I just got one, myself, to use on one of my surf rods. 

As I usually do, I took it apart before trying it out.  Very solidly built.  Lots of silicone based grease inside the reel.  I cleaned the bearings and put a dash of hot sauce on each.  Then I went to try it out.  Reel was way too fast for me to control, even with full mags and tightened spool tension knob.  I was thinking about possibly adding more magnets, but really, I think all I need to do is switch to a bit thicker oil.  The reel came with a small bottle of oil, but I have no idea what type it is or its viscosity???

Will update once I get to test it out again.  Once I can get it under control, I anticipate this reel will be an awesome caster!

Jerseymic

Hi Flyntus

Thanks for the input, I bought mine primarily to use for boat fishing, not tried it yet as the weather has been too bad.
As you say it looks solidly built, it does seem rather fast, just flicking the spool it seemed to run for a long time.

Mike.