the skunk is finally off! - 7/3/12

Started by alantani, July 05, 2012, 03:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

the skunk is finally off! - 7/3/12

my oldest daughter graduated from high school this last month, so it's time for a little quality time with dad.  she invited one of her best friends to come along.  she and christina have known each other since grade school.  we launched out of moss landing, headed to 51 and 55 like everyone else. 

we ran hoochies and dodgers all day, 70 feet on the wire.  on the first hookup, the drive shaft for the daiwa line counter snapped at the base so i had to handline in the first fish.  it was christina's first salmon ever.  my daughter allison was up next and her next 3 bites were hit and runs.  she was getting a little frustrated.  we finally landed a dink, so now allison had a fish.  we continued to troll a large area from 50 to 51 lat and 50 to 55 lon.  the next four fish weighed out at 15 pounds dressed. 

gas for the vehicle, $50, gas for the boat, $80, the smile on a kid's face, priceless. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Danhans

seaeagle2

Those girls look happy, and those are some nice looking fish, nice and fat.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

john2244

Alan,

That is about as good as is gets !!!!!!!!!   

John

wallacewt

Irish Jigger

Now that is quality time Alan,well done.

redsetta

A great day Alan - well done.
Some hefty lookin' fish too.
Quoteon the first hookup, the drive shaft for the daiwa line counter snapped at the base so i had to handline in the first fish.
It happens to the best of us.  ;) ;D
Congrats to your eldest on the graduation.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

mr t

conchydong

Very nice Alan. I am sure the girls will always remember moments like that.

Alto Mare

Glad to hear you got out Alan, very nice.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

what can one add to this?  Putting a smile on their face is where it's at.  Good job Alan.  Congratulations on the graduation.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Nessie Hunter

Your supposed to be hard at work in the reel shop!!!
Im pretty darn disappointed !!!!  >:(

Just kidding...   ;D

Amazing Quality time with the kids, so important to families...

Good job Dad...  Super job on the Fishies also,  Yummy!!!   

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

AWESOME!  Fresh salmon, as we say, broke da mouth.  There's nothing like it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: alantani on July 05, 2012, 03:52:12 AM
gas for the vehicle, $50, gas for the boat, $80, the smile on a kid's face, priceless. 

"The Times of Your Life" a Kodak moment....thanks for sharing!

broadway

Alan,
      Don't get any better than that... good to see a couple gals not afraid to grab 'em by the gillz!
That 3rd fish from the left in Mel B's last post looks like it ate a small tuna, look at that gut :o
Just out of curiosity why only one life vest...guess ya can't make the guests wear 'em, but glad you make yours! ;)
Nice job on time well spent,
Dom