ben and the kids - 6/30/12

Started by alantani, July 05, 2012, 04:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

ben and the kids - 6/30/12

bad cold earlier in the week really left me wiped out, but i had made arrangements with my buddy at work to take him and his kids out, so we went out anyway.  my deckhand couldn't make it, we added a friend of ben's that is also a teacher at the school the boys attend.  from left to right, meet ben, jake, josh and barney!  

we launched out of half moon bay and headed northwest to the shipping channels with the rest of the fleet.  we stayed outside of the fleet, outside of the jellyfish, and outside of the the salmon.  from the radio chatter, we weren't missing much.  the bite pretty much died.  the boys were real troopers and didn't complain a bit, but you could tell they just weren't into this.  from the ship channels, we made a run to deep reef, trolled a bit and found nothing, then continued south were we found the hulicat working an area with whales.  again, nothing, so we bailed on salmon (my third salmon skunk in a row) and ran to san gregorio for rockfish.  

first, we even up the odds.  yes, those are daiwa ultralight rods with mini daiwa sweepfire reels.  

not the best day of fishing, but at least the kids came home with something.  

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

Thats why they call it fishing..  NOT Catching... 
Even a bad day fishing is better then a good day at work..
I have a bunch more sayings if I need them... LOL   ;D   ;D

You still did very well & put them on some fish.  Congrats...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

Alan, you always do kids right.  glad that they were able to get something in the mix.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

Looks like a good day, despite everything. ;)
Nothing like taking a kid fishing. ;D
Cheers for sharing, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

seaeagle2

Maybe not a Salmon BBQ, but that's the makin's of some great fish n chips.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson