Avet 30N

Started by Earl, July 05, 2012, 12:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Hi all. Just ordered a 30N and plan on opening it up when I get it to check that everything is as it should be. Just wondering if there are any substantial differences to then from a SDS. Would the same tear-down sequence apply? Any advice is appreciated, otherwise I'll just proceed like I did with the 50.
Thanks
Earl

akfish

Almost identical on the inside. You won't have any problems.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

elnath

Quote from: Earl on July 05, 2012, 12:03:46 PM
Hi all. Just ordered a 30N and plan on opening it up when I get it to check that everything is as it should be. Just wondering if there are any substantial differences to then from a SDS. Would the same tear-down sequence apply? Any advice is appreciated, otherwise I'll just proceed like I did with the 50.
Thanks
Earl

This may be a stupid question, but what is an Avet 30N--I have a bunch of Avet reels, but I never heard of that model....?

akfish

I'm sure he is referring to the EX 30/2 as opposed to the EXW 30/2 (narrow versus wide).
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Earl

Thanks guy's. Yes I was referring to the EX30N as oppossed to the wide model. Interestingly enough, I had a e-mail waiting for me when I got home earlier to-day from the retailer I bought the reel from. Avet has no 30N reels in lefty version in stock and has no plans to have any for several months, so I up-graded to the wide version. Don't particularly care for wide reels, but when you are a die-hard lefty, your options are limited.
Had a look at the schematics, and the 30 is indeed very similar to the 50, so when the reel is delivered next week I'm going to go for it. Thanks again.
Earl