the skunk is back on! - 7/6/12

Started by alantani, July 07, 2012, 03:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

the skunk is back on! - 7/6/12

yup, we fished all day to day and didn't even get a drive by.  launched out moss and fished pajaro hole once again.  the bite pretty much died for us and all the guys i spoke to.  there were a few radio fish, but that was all.  the good side is that fv "eddie's brother" now has a new skipper!  

this time we brought eileen.  i've known this kid since 6th grade!  

on the bright side, we were treated to quite a show by a couple of very large whales!

12 more days till we depart for australia.  gotta knuckle down and get some work done.  no more goofing off!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

No fish, and still all smiles that's a good day in my book!
The whale show is something I'll never get here fishing in shore on the East Coast... we get porpoise but no monsters like that... very cool.
Australia!!! I'm sure you'll get treated quite well by some very reputable members on your site ;)
Now I'll be looking for some "Alan takes Australia" photos.
Glad to see you're opening some new eyes to fishing,
Dom

bluefish69

Broadway

I have seen Whales at the J.I. Buoy feeding. I was on a PB that day & the Capt gave his passengers a thrill. There is the American Classic that Whale Watches. He has all the PB's looking for him. Yes mostly Dolphin.

Ever see the Sturgeon jump straight up & spin. There is a lot to see in NY Harbor.

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

broadway

bluefish,
   That's pretty cool... where they eating a plankton bloom?  I have seen those red krill hatches stretch for a couple hundred yards, but no whales on 'em... just stripers ;)
   In the Hudson River to Breezy Point I have seen those monster sturgeon doing their acrobatics during the fall.
For some reason when they're around we don't catch any fish :'( ...but are amazing to watch!
You're right on with a lot to see in NY Harbor.  Two years ago while cleaning the boat in my slip in April (early season head start:) I felt someone/something staring at me from in the water.  I caught a glimpse of it when I looked over for the 3rd time, it was the head of a seal sticking out of the water and staying perfectly still.  He watched me clean the boat for an hour and didn't want any of my lunch.  I can tell you for sure the Navy Seals got their name from when they pop their head's out of the water because it is spot on! The rebreather on the seal teams mask looks very similar to the snout... check it out.
Hope you're still catching some nice bass in your parts cause I sure am.  In a 4 hour troll we hooked up with 7 stripers on Monday... 4 keepers to 23lbs.  Not bad for a 94 degree day in July with water temps exceeding 75 degrees :o
The stripers I caught this week are the very tail end that run up from North Carolina.  It looks like the eastern end of LI, Mass, and Conn. get to enbjoy them for the rest of the summer until their return at the end of Sept.  The bonus' (albies and bonito) come with them ;)
Tight lines bro,
Dom

bluefish69

I do galley on the Marilyn Jean IV. I am out 4 days a week. There are a lot of Ling out there [Red Hake] Triggers in shore with a few Sea Bass for luck.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.