Carbontex or HT100 washers for Daiwa BG 10, BG 13 and BG 15?

Started by marlin200, July 11, 2012, 11:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marlin200

Alan and other members:

I live in Florida and do a good deal of light tackle saltwater fishing primarily on the East Coast (wade fishing mostly for snook and trout). I would like to upgrade the drag washers in my Daiwa BG spinning reels. Dawn at Smooth does not carry a kit for BG 13s and BG 15s. She has kits for BG 10s only.

Can anyone advise the following:

* Where can I purchase an upgrade kit for these Daiwa BG reels?
* Can anyone tell me the size of the washers in the BG 13 and BG 15 spinning reels? Dawn at Smooth has asked me for the size of these washers to see if she has washers that are a close match. I'd rather not breakdown these reels just to measure the drag washers.

Many thanks in advance for the help!

alantani

here is the list of penn drags and their sizes.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=21.0 there is also a list of carbontex sizes somewhere.  you will have to pull the drags from the spool and measure them.  it will only take a few minutes. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

G'day and welcome marlin,
Quotethere is also a list of carbontex sizes somewhere.
Attached below...
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: marlin200 on July 11, 2012, 11:21:36 PM
I'd rather not breakdown these reels just to measure the drag washers.

Many thanks in advance for the help!

The drag washers & plates are under the drag adjustment knob on the Spool...
Very simple to get to on Spinning reels... 
2 min and a Micrometer and you'll have the answers you seek...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!