penn 113H maroon senator special convertion

Started by joe_dejesus, July 16, 2012, 12:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Janssen

Quote from: joe_dejesus on July 24, 2012, 02:10:54 AM

...I ordered the smooth drag washers
... not sure what side of washers goes where... the white side goes to what side on the stack?

thanks
Joe

mmm, what? Do they have one smooth white side and one rough black side?
Contact Dawn @ Smooth Drag. She'll understand.

joe_dejesus

correct.

LTM

Joe,

Sounds like you have the thick 3 drag stack of the silicon coated smooth drags.  You should be able to opt for the carbontex 5 drag set, but you'll need the appropiate washers to go with them. If you decide to stick with the "thick" drags you may want to use the "extreme" (redish-brown) drags. See my post under Smoothdrags" regarding "old style" (something like that) smoothdrags.

Leo

joe_dejesus

Quote from: LTM on July 24, 2012, 11:51:22 AM
Joe,

Sounds like you have the thick 3 drag stack of the silicon coated smooth drags.  You should be able to opt for the carbontex 5 drag set, but you'll need the appropiate washers to go with them. If you decide to stick with the "thick" drags you may want to use the "extreme" (redish-brown) drags. See my post under Smoothdrags" regarding "old style" (something like that) smoothdrags.

Leo

the description for what i suppose to have gotten is: 

113H thin carbon drag kit - set of 6 washers to replace part# 4-349, 6-113H(x5) 
it states it does not work for 3 washer systems.

I have 5 washer system.

joe_dejesus

error, my bad...  JVARIANCE frame and sideplate  (not tiburon)

sorry for not being on here (also been busy working)  ;D

I resolved the left side crank plates by getting a good deal from jeff at tiburon...  Got the narrow conversion
with sideplates (thought the gold would look cool)   ::)

My 113H has drag washers that are think and looks like carbon fiber material..   I ordered the smooth drag washers
and maybe im wrong, they look whimpy and are very thin...  not to mention not sure what side of washers goes where..

will these smoothdrags work better?   the white side goes to what side on the stack?

thanks
Joe

George4741

not to mention not sure what side of washers goes where..

will these smoothdrags work better?   the white side goes to what side on the stack?

thanks
Joe

Joe,
I can't imagine that it matters which way you put the drag washers in.  They are sandwiched between keyed and eared metal washers and will function properly either way.
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

joe_dejesus

I called smoothdrag and aparantly i was sold old stock.  the new ones are carbon type washers..

joe

Quote from: George4741 on July 26, 2012, 02:20:23 AM
  not to mention not sure what side of washers goes where..

thanks
Joe

Joe,
I can't imagine that it matters which way you put the drag washers in.  They are sandwiched between keyed and eared metal washers and will function properly either way.
  George

Robert Janssen

Yes, good... something was clearly wrong.