New Member!!!

Started by SNAPPERHEAD, July 16, 2012, 06:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNAPPERHEAD

Hello,

My name is Ben. I have been looking outside this website a long time, and finally had a chance to join.

My best friend is the son of Leif, also named Leif. We have be fishing togther for sometime and are best friends. Leif's dad first showed this site to me. I am truely amazed with the expertise and knowledge that I found from you guys on this site.

I am a big fan of Old Penn Reels and that is all I use. Just, in the past few months, I have learned how to build my first Penn Conversion thanks to Alan's Tutorials and help from Leif. It is a 113h with Alan's Stainless sleeve, Carbontex Drag Washers, and a Tiburon Topless Red frame. My next conversion will be another 4/0 that will be an Accurate Conversion with Accurate Gears.

I am certainly looking forward to having some nice discussions with everyone.

SNAPPERHEAD

P.S. if anyone can give me some help on uploading some pictures that would be great! I gave it a few tries, but I could not upload a photo. The photos are from "My Pictures" on Windows.

kamuwela

aloha ben and welcome aboard

alantani

ben, glad you made it over.  for photos, it's easy,  go ahead and download the photos to a photo hosting service like photobucket.com.  once the photo is downloaded, find the "[img]" link and just copy and paste that here.  to get an idea, go to any post with photos and click "reply with a quote" and you can see what the links look like.  it's pretty easy. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Welcome Ben.  Glad to have you with us.
Good luck on that Accurate conversion, may I ask where you found those Accurate gears?...if you don't mind.
See you around.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

G'day and welcome Ben.
QuoteI am a big fan of Old Penn Reels and that is all I use...
You'll be right at home here ;) ;D
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

SNAPPERHEAD

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 16, 2012, 09:12:04 PM
Welcome Ben.  Glad to have you with us.
Good luck on that Accurate conversion, may I ask where you found those Accurate gears?...if you don't mind.
See you around.
Sal

Thanks Sal! I was able to find a new set on Ebay back in the fall. Also found a new set for the Jigmaster too. I haven't seen any recently. I think eBay is really the only resort to find NOS unfoutunately, as you already know.

Ben

SNAPPERHEAD

Quote from: alantani on July 16, 2012, 08:39:35 PM
ben, glad you made it over.  for photos, it's easy,  go ahead and download the photos to a photo hosting service like photobucket.com.  once the photo is downloaded, find the "[img]" link and just copy and paste that here.  to get an idea, go to any post with photos and click "reply with a quote" and you can see what the links look like.  it's pretty easy.  

Glad to be here, Alan! I do not have a photobucket account. Is there a way to upload the pictures straight from my files? I appologize if I am being too general and stubborn.

alantani

go ahead and get a photobucket account, or picasa.  both work great!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SNAPPERHEAD

Quote from: alantani on July 17, 2012, 03:09:55 AM
go ahead and get a photobucket account, or picasa.  both work great!

Okay. Will get an account.

Ben

Nessie Hunter

SNAPPERHEAD, Welcome....

Photobucket is Free and well worth the time to register...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!