Solution to the spinning reel world!!! Finally

Started by coastalobsession, July 16, 2012, 11:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastalobsession

Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

alantani

not me.  i'm not the spinner guy.  that would be alan hawk.  it would be nice, though, it the reel wash built as well as it looks.  didn't read the entire post.  it's 10 pages long!!!!!! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tile

My main worry is the unknown material of the main gear. Other than that the rest of the reel looks ok to me.
In solid fiberglass we trust

paal

It's an aluminium/zink alloy, same as slammer/battle/ss.
Should be possible for someone to make money on upgrades for this reel :-)

SNAPPERHEAD

Penn will never upgrade there main gears it seems! With the exception of the Torque, the main gears of every other spinning reel made by Penn have that stamped aluminum. Penn's best main gear for a spinning reels were from the Old ss reels from the 1980's and 1990's. You can't beat that good 'ole Brass Main Gear! The main gear of the Torque Spinning reel is Marine Grade Bronze, which is quality too!
I honestly don't know if Penn will ever make a reel as fair priced and quality as those U.S. made SS reels. The Torque is a nice reel and is U.S.A. made, but is quite expensive.

MysticParts still has some old gears left I think!

Just my $0.02.

SNAPPERHEAD

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"