a barra on soft lure

Started by Danhans, July 17, 2012, 09:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danhans

hi all..

my friend just got back from Australia and gave me one Zman paddle tail minnow and a matched TT jig head to try..
headed out to a barra pond last sunday..

here's the catch

i am not really familiar with soft plastics but i really like this one..how i wish they are available here..  :'(

LTM

Danhans,

That's a nice fish you caught, what is it?  Is it good eating?  I live in Southern California, and I just love using soft plastic's and jigs.  I have to be forced to use live bait (the fish wont eat anything else).  I top my plastics with a coating of "gel" fish attractant/scent, stays on better than the regular stuff and increases my bite ratio.

Good fishing,

Leo

redsetta

G'day Leo,
It's a barramundi - probably Australia's premier freshwater/estuarine sports fish.
They're spectacular to catch and great eating too.
Well done Dan - thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

Dan, you too will fall in love with plastics.  Plastics today are very different and each design has it's alure to different fish.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Danhans

Leo, it is widely known as barramundi (in Australia), siakap/kakap (Malaysia and Indonesia), seabass in some other countries..
as Justin said, it is a good eating fish.. ;D

what i like about zman lures is they actually floats..when let it sinks to the bottom, only jig head is touching the bottom while the entire lure and hook will float..
what i hated most is zman is not available in Malaysia..anyone know any online store that sells zman and willing to ship internationally?

redsetta

G'day Dan,
Smart Marine here in NZ will sell and ship internationally (I checked and Malaysia is no problem).
Try here: http://www.smartmarine.co.nz/search/?t=zman
Good luck, Justin

Danhans

thank you so much Justin...currently they dont have minnowz 3" in their website..i'll send them an email...

redsetta

PS I have no affiliation - just dealt with them before and found 'em to be good blokes. ;)
Cheers, Justin

macka17

Hi.
They're a great fish to catch.
We have a lot of dams stocked with them.
Plus the Silvers from the estuaries\Run off.
BUT. They really only an overgrown Perch.  Not a real good table fish

Last Barbie I had. 1 Snapper  12kg. 1 red (emperor) 5+kg 1 Barra 7 kg.

Only barra left at end of session. Red then Snapper  first 1'2 hr.
B4 people touched the Barra.
I fish for them a lot. sea and Dams. But even my cat won't touch it.
He's a Spanno and Cobe moggie that one. Like his dad.

Macka

Dominick

Quote from: Danhans on July 19, 2012, 03:30:38 AM
thank you so much Justin...currently they dont have minnowz 3" in their website..i'll send them an email...
Danhans:  If you can't find what you need let me know.  If I can find them, I'll ship it to you.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Danhans

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 24, 2012, 02:57:53 AM
Danhans:  If you can't find what you need let me know.  If I can find them, I'll ship it to you.  Dominick

thanks Dominick!!