Need S220 Schematics

Started by Manuel, July 19, 2012, 01:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manuel

Hello folks,

I bought a like newn s220 a couple of years ago on a whim.

A couple of days ago I tore it down as the freespool was not great.  I cleaned bearings and oiled them. 

Today I tried to put it back together.  All went well until I ran into a small cupped washer, belville I think they are called.

I have not a clue where it goes now.  I think it was seated with a bearing but, not sure?

I have no schematic and came up dry on the net.

Any help would bve greatly appreciated.

Manuel

Manuel

Thanks Walkernut,

I scoured that post and could not find the small washer.  The same pictures are on this site on the S220 Tutorial.

I am almost sure it belongs with one of the bearings.  It is shaped exactly like the belvillle 3-142, just real small.

Still looking for help.

Manuel

Manuel

I FOUND IT!!!

After looking through this section, way down there from July 2010:

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1074.0

Just in case anybody else needs a look.

Still cannot find where this small cupped metal washer came from.

Anybody?

Manuel

Bryan Young

Aloha Manual.  Welcome.  

I believe it goes in the right side bearing cup under the right side bearing.  Part identification is U-1LS.  Per the schematics, it's nylon, but all the reels I have serviced, it was metal and not nylon.  I'm not sure what direction it should go in, but I put it in the cup where the center of the washer is higher towards the bearing.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Manuel

Thanks Bryan,

I looked at that but, as you stated the schematics call for nylon.

I am pretty sure that the part was not in that position when I tore the reel down.

I will give it a try there and see how it does.

BTW, thanks for the schematics, this was the only source on the WWW.

Manuel

Bryan Young

Hi Manuel,

I just took apart another 220 and it also had these metal washers under the bearing, not nylon.  They looked like a flat washer that looked like it was rolled.  The purpose of this washer is to add some tension to the bearing, but more importantly, it keeps the bearing from getting stuck flush with the bottom of the bearing cup.  If the bearing is flush with the bearing cup, if it seizes, you will never get anything under the bearing to pry it up.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

The small spring washer goes in the left side Bearing cup. I put the high side up. I also have some that look like the bevelled washer on the drag stack, I don't like them & toss them out.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

Quote from: bluefish69 on July 24, 2012, 12:05:30 AM
The small spring washer goes in the left side Bearing cup. I put the high side up. I also have some that look like the bevelled washer on the drag stack, I don't like them & toss them out.
When you indicates high side, is that the outside higher than the center or the center is higher? 

I believe that it works best when the center is higher than the outside bases on where the pressure will be on the bearing, which will be the center bearing race.

bluefish69

You are perfectly correct, I should have said that.

I just ordered a bunch from McMaster
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.