New forum member!

Started by Anglerboi, July 19, 2012, 04:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anglerboi

Hey guys my name is Edwin and I am new to Alan's forum! Just bought a torium 20 and I cant wait to learn how to upgrade my reel.

Best regards
- Edwin

Dominick

Welcome aboard.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Anglerboi

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

Welcome to Alans house.

Kick off your shoes and get his Carpet dirty with Reel Grease.

;D ;D ;D ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

kamuwela

aloha edwin thanks for joining our family.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on July 19, 2012, 04:36:27 PM
Welcome to Alans house.

Kick off your shoes and get his Carpet dirty with Reel Grease.

;D ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D...good one Frank

Welcome Edwin!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard Edwin. Nice reel the Torium. Fish it and then think about upgrading it if necessary.

Anglerboi

Thanks for the kind welcoming guys!

Anglerboi

hey guys.....so Im definitely going to upgrade my drag to carbon fiber........but I have wanted to upgrade to the dc pawl and dc pawl springs.  The last torium i had couple years ago..... I tried to get that upgrade through angler center....unfortunately they told me after they replaced my drags that they were out of the dog spring.  I just think they didn't want to do the upgrade but anyways anyone have any input on this upgrade.  I really like the clicking noise....helps me wind slower when i fish surface iron and i hear helps with the anti-reverse.  Thanks!!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

redsetta

Welcome aboard Edwin.
Sounds like you've come to the right place ;) ;D
All the best, justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

Welcome Edwin.

If you are near Angler Center, you are near Shimano.  I would give them a call to either send you the parts or pick them up personally.  See http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=509.0.  The pawl and spring should cost you $5 or so.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Anglerboi

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 20, 2012, 05:12:50 AM
Welcome Edwin.

If you are near Angler Center, you are near Shimano.  I would give them a call to either send you the parts or pick them up personally.  See http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=509.0.  The pawl and spring should cost you $5 or so.

Bryan

Thank you Brian!,  I actually moved out of irvine couple years ago. So I'm a little ways out from the headquarters now... I called in about the dog springs but they told me they are out of stock.  No problem though because Alan has a few sets left in stock. Ill pick those up as soon as he gets back form his vacation!!

alantani

greetings from sydney!!!!!!!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!