saturday fish trip

Started by wallacewt, July 20, 2012, 09:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

fishing tomorrow,
chasing king george whiting,one of our icon species.
3 boats,forecast is 2.8 seas,15k winds,be a bit uncomfortable.
lets hope it eases off.

Dave Bentley

Mate, check Willy Weather, a lot better conditions, use that one and all will be calm. LOL

Good luck.
Only believe that which you know to be true.

spottybastard

I'm always trying to expand my knowledge of fish.  Just wondering if you could post a picture of a "king george whiting".

Thanks

redsetta

PS Good luck Wallace.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

conchydong

Neat fish. It has a lot of similarities to a Snook except the mouth is not quite as large. Do they have very very white meat?

miamipescador

Quote from: conchydong on July 21, 2012, 12:13:14 AM
Neat fish. It has a lot of similarities to a Snook except the mouth is not quite as large. Do they have very very white meat?
They look alot like a cross between a snook and a bonefish from our coast

Dominick

Wallace:  I would like to comment on your fishing trip.  You know, like good luck, buona fortuna or a good on ya.  However, I read this on Friday.  You said your were fishing on Saturday but you wrote it on Friday when I read it on Friday it was already Saturday there.  Now if it was Saturday there and you wrote it on Friday here, then when I read it you had already gone fishing.  Oh Oh! I'm getting confused.  Is today Saturday even though I am typing this on Friday?  And if it is Saturday even though I am writing this on Friday, that means you already fished.  So how did you do?  I'm opening another bottle of Zin to see if I can unravel this Gordian knot.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Quote...to see if I can unravel this Gordian knot.
Great reference Dominick - haven't heard that in years ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Quote from: redsetta on July 21, 2012, 03:46:33 AM
Quote...to see if I can unravel this Gordian knot.
Great reference Dominick - haven't heard that in years ;)
Thanks Justin.  Several years ago a friend turned me on to Merriam Webster's Dictionary of Allusions.  I read it cover to cover and keep it around to breeze through it now and then and often use it as a reference when someone uses something like a Gordian knot.  Check out the book, I'm sure it is available in NZ, if not I'll send you a copy in the package.  Your reel seat came today.  I'll wait until alan gets back and add the other stuff.  Send me a P.M. on what you expect from Alan.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dave Bentley

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 21, 2012, 03:25:22 AM
Wallace:  I would like to comment on your fishing trip.  You know, like good luck, buona fortuna or a good on ya.  However, I read this on Friday.  You said your were fishing on Saturday but you wrote it on Friday when I read it on Friday it was already Saturday there.  Now if it was Saturday there and you wrote it on Friday here, then when I read it you had already gone fishing.  Oh Oh! I'm getting confused.  Is today Saturday even though I am typing this on Friday?  And if it is Saturday even though I am writing this on Friday, that means you already fished.  So how did you do?  I'm opening another bottle of Zin to see if I can unravel this Gordian knot.  Dominick

It's 12:49 PM on Saturday 21st.
They are probably still on the water, conditions are perfect.
Only believe that which you know to be true.

dogdad1

True Story:

I used to have a secretary that, though she did her assigned tasks very well, was a bit 'out of touch with reality' (shall we say).  Our company would send tech-support personnel all over the world, and when she finally heard about the International Date-Line and that it was tomorrow there when it was still today here, she asked one of my guys to look at a copy of  tomorrow's newspaper over there and call her with the posted winning lottery numbers so she could play them at home.

Really, I'm not making this up.
"Few things are quite as dangerous or unpredictable as an Engineer with too much time on his hands". - unknown

Dominick

Dogdad:  I believe it.  I was surprised at some of my employees over the years.  They could not think in concepts.  Most times they were like bureaucrats.  Only good at one thing and if something was needed outside of those parameters I would get the blank stare.  I paid market wages also, so it was not one of those "you get what you pay for."  Dominick

wallacewt

up date on the trip,sry im late
king george whiting was a no-go
our gps packed it in,
about 15k's offshore in perfect conditions.we had to fish the cray pots
laid by the pros on the reefs,
dhu fish,snapper,samson.
no photos,bryan,dave,and myself having trouble down loading
anybody else.alans not!
sry conchy.
pesca;im a bit like you,dunno if im coming or going.
suppose it depends on which way your facing,
if you reversed your
car up the street
could you get pinched for driving on the wrong side ::)cheers
alto;that bantam baitcaster you bought me on ebay
was rigged for kg whiting,10lb line, i caught and landed a dhu fish on it!
thanks mate