FISHING FROM THE AIR

Started by Dominick, July 20, 2012, 05:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Hi Everyone:  I did not know where to post this link for one of the best fishing videos I ever saw.  Check out this link.  Dominick

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nA3LtXnNIto?feature=player_embedded

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Irish Jigger

Absolutely brilliant,thanks for sharing.

Alto Mare

Amazing Dominick, thanks for the link. Did you see how it grabbed that fish when he sped up? That's what I call aerodynamics.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

john2244

That was great !! Thanks for posting Dominick.

redsetta

Great link - thanks Dominick.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

I did not know how well received the video would be, but I think it is great.  I don't know how many of you saw what I did in the last frames of this video.  After the Osprey managed to grab the fish with his other talons he was positioned like he was surfing the fish.  That was so cool, I watched that video at least 6 times.  If you did not notice that go back and view it again.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Yes I did see that, that's why I mentioned aerodynamics.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Yeah, they're common in Australia and we'd often see 'em while surfing, coming back from deep water with a fish carried head first as in the video.
Once saw a sea eagle carrying a blue penguin the same way...
Proper anglers ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dave Bentley

It's not only the skills of the bird but also the Photographer that makes it a "WOW" moment.
Only believe that which you know to be true.

LTM

Amazing video,

Couldnt believe how the Osprey got that flattie underwate and got airborne again.  Yes, those last shots of surfing with the salmon was great.

Gread video,

Leo

Nessie Hunter

Enjoyed it very much, Thanks...
The skimming Salmon was interesting to say the least, get up to speed & dry off before you take all the weight..

I Had to laugh when the bird shook off himself just like a dog.  (Halibut)
Started at head and shook all the way down to tail..  LOL
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Dominick

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on July 21, 2012, 05:51:21 PM
Enjoyed it very much, Thanks...
The skimming Salmon was interesting to say the least, get up to speed & dry off before you take all the weight..

I Had to laugh when the bird shook off himself just like a dog.  (Halibut)
Started at head and shook all the way down to tail..  LOL
Frank:  I showed it to my granddaughters (9 & 5).  They laughed at that part.  The younger one even mimicked the shake, moving her arms and shoulders the same way.  I laughed and felt sad that I can't move like that anymore :'(.  Oh well.  Dominick
BTW, you doing the WON Tuna Tournament this year?

broadway

Awesome video! Hope I can be as successful at catching as he is someday ;)
Dom

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: broadway on August 01, 2012, 04:08:54 PM
Awesome video! Hope I can be as successful at catching as he is someday ;)
Dom

You'll have no problem, Dom. Just sharpen your talons and take a deep breath before you dunk. :D

Great find, Dominick!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD