Penn 9500ss upgrades, where to begin ?

Started by lmg, July 21, 2012, 12:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmg

Quote from: redsetta on August 27, 2012, 11:18:45 PM
G'day lmg,
I assume you've received the dogs, gear and spring.
Did all go well with the upgrade?
Cheers, Justin

I did receive the kit you sent, thank you for being so generous. I have not been able to install the kit on my reel but hope to be able to soon. Is there a "how-to" on this website on how to install the dogs ? If not, I am sure I can figure it out.
Thanks

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

lmg

I would like to add ceramic bearings to my 9500ss, does anyone happen to know a website that stocks it ? Also, what part number are they, looking to replace all 3. Thanks

lmg

I checked the bocabearing website & they only have upto 8500ss bearings. Are the 8500ss the same size as the 9500ss ?

Cone

The 3 bearings in the 8500ss are the same as two of the bearings in the 9500ss. The bearings for the main gear. The pinion bearing is different. I don't remember the size its metric. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Cone