Real reel oil.

Started by Dave Bentley, July 21, 2012, 05:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Bentley

Trying to get some info from what I hope is a distributor of TS301.

In the meantime I have found some Lucas Gun oil.

The blurb on the bottle says good corrossion protection, lube properties and use in high temperatures.

Any one on this wonderful site had any experience with it's use on our toys.
Only believe that which you know to be true.

Bryan Young

Lucas are great products, but only have used their Automotive lubricants.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nessie Hunter

Lucas is great stuff....

I have never tried it on Reels....
But something of quality is better then nothing, or some cheap oil.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

katfishkelly

i just used Lucas gun oil on my spool for my diawa millionaire and was being lazy and squirted it down where the heavier
grease usually goes on gears... it works fine for me.. its a non-corrosive light oil that keeps the guns from rusting and in
smooth working condition.. so i dont see a problem.. maybe wont last as long as grease but safer for gears on nicer reels I think.. and like i said .. i was feeling lazy .. didnt have time to take all apart.. seems to work fine and keep smooth.. have another one thats dry .. been sitting along time.. will do it the same way.. :)

coastalobsession

Also try royal purple. That's what I use and have had great success with it. I'm about to get some of their grease in too.
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning