BETTER THAN NAIL POLISH?

Started by LTM, July 21, 2012, 04:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTM

Had to get your attention Guys,

Is there something better than nail polish to seal/coat exterior finishes, etc. on reels without costing an arm and a leg?  Just wondering if something may have got pass my radar.

Leo

Dominick

Leo:  There have been many suggestions from carnuba wax to shoe polish.  I have used shoe polish and a brush.  It creates a nice shine and protects the reel somewhat.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

LTM

Dominick,

Whenever I see one of your comments I cant help but smile; cause Im a bachelor also and we dont have restrictions on what to do in our residents.  You know your shoepolish remedy sounds like one of those "coffee table" moments when your around the coffee table doing something.  Like polishing your shoes and "a light bulb moment" hits you and you apply shoe polish to a reel part and buff.

Thanx man for your comments and will definitely consider it.  Aint it great to be able to place your reels in the dish rack in the sink after rinsing/wiping down to air dry, keep your fish sents in the frig along with a couple glass jars of baby octopus (my tournament bait), batteries, professional 35mm film, and all of my "super" glues.  The best part is none of this bothers anyone else and you know exactly where everything is located even in the DARK  :D

Good fishing Dominick,

Leo

seaeagle2

When I was between wives, I kept my kicker motor in the living room ;D, plus I had a dishwasher that I was going to install when my fishing buddy and I had time, it was there for a year before "the bite" slowed down enough for us to find the time....
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Nessie Hunter

Hahahahaha    Bachelors Rule!!!     ;D

I have an empty gas can sitting next to the front door tight now (Inside the house), right off the living room.

Does it smell?  Maybe a little..  ??
Does it look tacky, red neck, trailer trashy??   Yes!!!

But I wont forget to take it and get it filled either!!!!

No one has mentioned it??? Or told me to get it out of the house!!!!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Dominick

Quote from: LTM on July 21, 2012, 05:21:29 PM
Dominick,

Whenever I see one of your comments I cant help but smile; cause Im a bachelor also Leo

Leo:  I am married.  I've been married and I've been single.  I think most times married is better.  Fortunately I have a 3 car garage.  I have a big workbench and room for the wife's car (though she leaves it parked outside when I am working so that it does not add to the heat in the garage).  Therefore, I can go out to the garage and escape.  My wife pretty much leaves me to do what I want as long as I give her a heads up.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

LTM

Dominick,

I apologize for the misunderstanding; I assumed (as* out-of you and me) that you were from some of the ribbing from the guys or mistaken you for someone else.  This is my first forum so please excuse me.  ;D

ANYWHO, has anyone found a product better than nail polish?

Leo

LTM

Dominick,

I think I figured it out. You and "Dom" have very similar names and photo's and the guys were ribbing Dom about being a bachelor. 

Check-it-out,

Leo

Dominick

Leo:  Yes, you are right, but I am better looking than Broadway Dom.   :-*  Dominick

redsetta

...and you catch bigger tarpon ;)
Dom has better ink though. ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

LTM,
Dominick has definitely got a larger collection of Hawaiin button ups than I do, oh, and yes he is better lookin'  ;D
Justin,
Glad you like the ink... I might be doing the other side next year, ouch!  ;)
Dom

LTM

This should mess with some of the newbies heads,

Dom, Im glad you chimed-in and have read this post for Ive been kidding Dominick thinking he was you (Dom) for your names and pictures are very similar.

I guess that there's nothing better than nail polish for sealing exterior finishes and even when married we still have some bachelor habits in us! ::)

Leo

broadway

Leo,
     I'm like Santa... I watch to see who's naughty or nice ;)
I haven't found anything better than nail polish, but if I do I'll post it here.
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on July 25, 2012, 03:18:44 AM
LTM,
Dominick has definitely got a larger collection of Hawaiin button ups than I do, oh, and yes he is better lookin'  ;D

You're right Dom, lets just hope that he keeps them buttoned up ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway