Upgrading a penn 9/0

Started by Bunnlevel Sharker, July 22, 2012, 12:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

You've made a few good offers yourself in the past ;).
Later buddy.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

richh

Alan , Alto hi and  Thanks  - for many years of great info and ideas .

I have made a number of adventurous excursions into Stella's , 2 speed conventional reels and others with the knowledge that you are around for back up  , and  assistance off your website .

Pls find pics attached – sorry I could not attach them to website – lost a few just tryin to save them – only just learnt how to attach to emails.

My history is predominantly freshwater baitcasters and spinning reels .

I live by the coast now - and the sea does call - all to often .

Pls assist me with the following – for my Penn senator 9/0 .  If possible an estimate of manufacture year/decade – pics attached – I would like to make up a mini year plaque to attach to the right side plate.

Drag washers and discs  ( I have the old 3 + 3 type ) I would like whatever you suggest .

Beleville for drag and handle/drag star – pls  note I have a thin belle at the handle and a THICK belle at the drag – both brass ?

Hard Felt washer for below the main gear and soft below the drag pressure plate .

Dog and 2 springs  - brass or stainless . I am going to try the double dog modification . I think the synchrinised double dog is more effective  - if one is going to break no point having them non synchronised – then again I like the reduced backlash from non synchronised  - think I will have to put 3 in (?) .

Does this reel have any option for  spool spindle bearings as opposed to bushes ?

Bigger handle options ? Not necessarily handle arm .

My main and eccentric gears look chrome/ssteel  but are magnetic ? I have inspected – all ok . Is this normal – many pics show brass/bronze gears ?

A few parts have  114 on them – was it normal to mix and match during assembly ?

Thanks alan – I hope most of this makes sense  - pls will you send me prices – I will send credit card details with confirmation .

To round off – I do not want to make a super winch out of this reel – I want it to be efficient and effective for its parts/frame – with a little bit of power when needed .

Regards , rich .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alantani

rich, none of the photos came through and i have not gotten to my pm's yet.  you can e-mail the photos to me at alantani@yahoo.com and i can try to get them posted for you.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!