Upgrading a penn 9/0

Started by Bunnlevel Sharker, July 22, 2012, 12:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnlevel Sharker

Hi i was wondering what all i would need to uprade the internals for my penn 9/0 and what the projected cost would be.
Thanks, Grayson Lanier
Grayson Lanier

Dominick

Grayson:  Ceck this link.  If that does not answer your question.  Ask again.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3396.0  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bunnlevel Sharker

What i had ment was what all would i need in terms of parts and what would the cost be to purchase them and possibly have it done as i do not have the proper tools to make major upgrades only servicing
Grayson Lanier

alantani

grayson, mostly it would be drag washers and that would only be if your reel did not already come with carbon fiber drag washers.   pull your reel apart, take some photos, put it back together and post the photos.  that will give me a better idea of what you need.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

As Alan mentioned, you might already have these:
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6-114HSP.aspx
This is just to give you an idea on cost.
If you want to get a little crazy a stainless steel sleeve is a good upgrade, Alan might have some. If you do that, replacing the dog with a stainless steel dog is also a good idea.
If this doesn't do it for you and you really want to get crazy like some of us, just let us know, or look around, there is lots of information here.
Good luck!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Grayson:  to upgrade the reel it should cost $15.50 for drags and $30.00 for a SS sleeve and $3.00 for a SS dog.  And you can do this all with your regular maintenance tools.  If you want to add a second dog you will need a Dremel type tool to grind a part of the plate.  Does this answer the question?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Yes that does it have the upgraded drag washers i just want to get the pinion gear and every thing else as i am looking for a way to get even more drag. I was also wondering the cost to get it put together as i do not have a dremel and want the double dogs.
Grayson Lanier

Alto Mare

Sharker, I doubt that anyone would take a chance on carving your plate. This is custom work and things can happen along the way. A new plate costs $27 :-\.
There are a couple of guys here with nice tool, lets wait and see if anyone volunteers. If you can't get anyone, I'll help you out, but, you'll need to purchase everything that you want me to install and you take care of all shipping costs...I don't want anything.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

QuoteI'll help you out, but, you'll need to purchase everything that you want me to install and you take care of all shipping costs...I don't want anything.
Good man Sal.  ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Sharker:  Where are you located?  In order to avoid this question open your profile and add in your location.  If you don't want anyone to know where you are, put in an adjacent town.  At least that will give us the country and or state if you are in the U.S.  Check out my avatar, it has my town.  I tried to encourage all the members to do this so that we know if we can help you out locally.  some members added it and some don't care.  Dominick

john2244

Great offer Sal.  OH, by the way,  I have about 120 Penns shipping out tomorrow. !!!!
John

Alto Mare

That's so generous of you John, I will cherish them for the rest of my life. Thank you! ;D.

Robert Janssen

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 23, 2012, 11:51:18 PM
Sharker:  Where are you located?  

Bunnlevel is a city in North Carolina, if one would like to speculate

Bunnlevel Sharker

Thank you Mr.Jannssen it is located about 35min from fayetville NC. If i could find out the parts cost i could get everything taken care of
Grayson Lanier

john2244

Well Sal, maybe I better service them myself.   But , if I did send them I am sure i would get MOST of them back.
Again, nice offer you made.
John