c3 5500 question

Started by galaxyc3, July 22, 2012, 06:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galaxyc3

i recently got one of these reel (and i love it) and i was wondering if theres a way i can make it make the clicking noise when the drag is pulled out like the spinning reels do, my older 5000 makes this noise. just interested if i can add this to my new one, not to big of a deal if not

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

alantani

if it is the click that i am thinking of, you have a very old reel and that click is from a secondary anti-reverse system. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

galaxyc3

Yea its a 4 screw 5000, from 67 or 68, I don't remember . So it wouldn't be possible to add that to one of the newer reels?

Ken_D

Quote from: galaxyc3 on July 23, 2012, 12:22:19 AM
Yea its a 4 screw 5000, from 67 or 68, I don't remember . So it wouldn't be possible to add that to one of the newer reels?

No, Not as supplied, with the 3-stack internal drag pack. You can buy the "euro" model gearset, and revert back to a 2 drag washer setup. Which see:   http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/ambassadeur/Ambassadeur_6500C3_Click_Spring_07_00_-_thx_to_KD.pdf

galaxyc3

hmm that seems like a lot...not sure if im down to do all that, on a side note i read on another forum that a guy took the side plate of a 6000 (the clicker side) and added it to his 5500, and said the screws all aligned up.

this is something i would love to do, has anyone heard of this/ tried this?

Dominick

Quote from: galaxyc3 on July 22, 2012, 06:31:55 PM
i recently got one of these reel (and i love it) and i was wondering if theres a way i can make it make the clicking noise when the drag is pulled out like the spinning reels do, my older 5000 makes this noise. just interested if i can add this to my new one, not to big of a deal if not

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Galaxy:  An easy fix.  Get out the older 5000.  Record the sound of the clicking and carry the recorder with you when you go fishing.  You can download the sound on an ipod and you can listen to the clicking while you are driving to the water.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

galaxyc3

lol yea and whenever my phone rings ill have to yell "fish on"

on a side note i kinda answered the question i asked earlier. i decided to see if i could swap the side plates off of both my older reels (even tho one was a 4 screw and one a 3 screw) turns out it dont matter cause they fit just fine. now i got a old 5000 (with a clicking drag lol) and a clicker on the side plate. so i suppose it would fit my new 5500 but then it would look funny lol. im gonna look for a 6000 thats for sale as parts, and i will post my results.

Ken_D

Seems like a lot? To buy and install about 18.00 worth of gears and 3.00 worth of drag washers? Hmmm... Or maybe I misread the post, and you want to make noise with an on-off slider, like 6500's do, instead of a soft purr like the older 5000's did, with the type of gear as per the schematic above.

Use the search engines, and type in this exact term: abus converting non clicker to clicker. You will be directed to a site showing the way.  Or as you are indicating, buy a sideplate with the clicker installed.

galaxyc3

Yea I think I'm gonna just look for a side plate with a clicker. Emailed some people on craigslist already. Gonna check the fleamarkets too. Like the feel of the smaller spool on the 5000 sized reels over the 6000 sized ones