MY FIRST TWO SPEED REEL

Started by LTM, July 24, 2012, 09:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTM

Here's some pictures of my first two speed reel, which I sold some month back on ebay.  This was made circa 1990 and was my favorite Calico bass reel. This was Shimano's top of the line bait caster just prior to the Calcutta series which came out a couple of months after I bought this reel (just my luck), but I really enjoyed this little reel and caught lots of fish with it. I took this reel apart down to the bare frame for a complete service; for no one else would touch it for fear of losoing a part. The pictures are from my auction on ebay.  I fished it with 10lb mono, here goes:

BTW, that's not the original handle; I added the handle years later.

Leo

redsetta

Nice reel Leo - thanks for sharing.
I'm partial to the Beast Masters meself.
Pity to have to sell it, but as needs must... ;)
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

LTM

Justin,

It was a hard decision to sell the reel.  If I were to keep it I would fish it till it broke and I cant get parts for it.  Therefore it was at the end of its parts life-cycle (even though it was in perfect mechanical condition).  I just dont have room to collect much else; I dont consider my reels as a "collection", they are my working reels.  Thanks for your comment.

Leo

Scrappy jr.

I grew up fishing with just about every Shimano Bantam series reel made. My grandfather fished with nothing but Shimano. That reel brings back great memories from my childhood. Awesome reel!

LTM

Thanx, it does the same for me, had lots of fun with it.

Leo