Part No. Calcutta 400

Started by Fishnmike, July 24, 2012, 10:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnmike

I need a part number for a Calcutta 400 BSV. I'm looking for the optional power handle.  I can't get to any of the schematic sites from work.

Thanks,
Mike

redsetta

G'day Mike,
I believe it's BNT3369.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Nessie Hunter

A word of caution on getting a power handle for a Reel you may often use for casting. 
The 400 fits that category..

The power handles are not balanced perfectly. 
When you cast they will 9 time out of 10 throw the reel into gear...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Fishnmike

Thanks guys!

Nessie, I'll be using the reel for salmon trolling. The little paddle handles are a pain when reeling in lots of line.

SoCalAngler

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on July 24, 2012, 11:35:34 PM
A word of caution on getting a power handle for a Reel you may often use for casting.  
The 400 fits that category..

The power handles are not balanced perfectly.  
When you cast they will 9 time out of 10 throw the reel into gear...

Hmm, That never happened on my 400 with the live bait handle upgrade. Are we talking about the same handle? But then again I only fished it a couple of years before I got something I like and casts better. Still have it though, it sits as a backup for "just in case".

Edit: I just looked up the part # and the "live bait" handle I have is the older style with the wooden knob and not the rubber one this part has.