Pro Gear!

Started by stradly1, July 26, 2012, 06:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stradly1

I bought a CS 551, 454 and a unmarked 540 Albacore. I put 15lbs test on the 551, there is 60lbs on the 454 and the 540 is empty. What line should I use for the 540? Also, the 454 and the 551 need work. Who should I send it to? The 540 is a hell of a reel. I paid a premium price for it but man... I think I will get it lubed up anyway.

Bryan Young

Stradly1,

Those are nice reels.

The 540 is essentially a Penn 2/0 sized reel with 4/0 size drags.  Since you already have a 60# reel (454), I would recommend that the 540 be lined with 40#.  Almost anyone should be able to service these reels, including yourself, and depending on where you are and who do you trust.  Essentially, anyone that can service Penn Reels can service these reels.  But, if you want to take it in somewhere, there's Ken's in Oceanside, CA is highly recommended.  You could also send it in to Alan or myself and you'd get the AT Treatment, which include open bearings and lubed with TSI301.

PM me if you want to send it in. 

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

congratulations!  make sure you have carbon fiber drag washers. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!