cal's grease alternative !!

Started by mohamedhashem21, July 27, 2012, 08:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mohamedhashem21

hello every body
i'm very pleased to find such a website :D
i live in Egypt  i'v been fishing for 15 years now i can do most of my reel repair and i've learned too much from this site thanks to Mr. Alan  but i have one problem which is lubricating the drag washers (of wet drag reels of course) i own a penn senator 9/0 , okuma cavalla 50wii , okuma solterra 50w  and penn iternational 80   and i need to grease their drag washers but in egypt we don't have cal's grease and it is very hard to buy it through the internet  and ship it to here
so anyone can me an alternative solution or whait is the formula of cal's grease (sodium,graphite or whatever)
thank u all

redsetta

G'day and welcome Mohamed,
Cal's etc are types of Teflon or PTFE grease.
A local retailer (or bike shop) will likely have some type of PTFE grease which should do the trick.
Good luck, Justin
PS How's the fishing in Egypt?
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Salam alaikum, Mohamed.  I lived in Cairo for 7 months in 1975.  I loved the experience.  The Egyptian people treated me very warmly. Welcome to Alan's worldwide site.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

day0ne

Shimano drag grease is a  good substatute.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

day0ne

Quote from: redsetta on July 28, 2012, 12:55:42 AM
A local retailer (or bike shop) will likely have some type of PTFE grease which should do the trick.
Good luck, Justin

The PTFE isn't the only requirement. Go to this site and look at posts 16, 22, 25, and 28, especially 25 and 28.

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f60/jigging-master-25000-reviews-27901/

DenisB usually knows what he is talking about.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

redsetta

Fair call - though if isolated or far flung, PTFE will suffice ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

mohamedhashem21

Quote from: redsetta on July 28, 2012, 12:55:42 AM
Good luck, Justin

thank you very much redsetta, i 'll search for PTFE in local stores and in bike shops :D
fishing in egypt is pretty good we fish mainly in the red sea we always get GT'S, wahoo, groupers, barracuda, sailfish, YFT, mahi mahi, amber jacks, dogtooth tunas, skip-jacks, sharks ................and most of common fishes also we go fishing in the Mediterranean and troll for BFT and amber-jacks :D

mohamedhashem21

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 28, 2012, 03:58:52 AM
Salam alaikum, Mohamed.  I lived in Cairo for 7 months in 1975.  I loved the experience.  The Egyptian people treated me very warmly. Welcome to Alan's worldwide site.  Dominick
alaikum el salam Dominick
thank for your words i appreciate it :D
i wish i can see you in egypt :D

mohamedhashem21

Quote from: day0ne on July 28, 2012, 04:27:13 AM
Shimano drag grease is a  good substatute.
thank you very much dayone :)

Clem

Hi Mohamed

If you can find Super lube http://www.super-lube.com/products-ezp-285.html it is a great product.

Synthetic/Teflon based grease and oil. I have been using the Multi grease on drags and it works very well...slightly thicker than Cal's but very good and it is also cheaper.  :)

alantani

i have shipped to egypt without problems.  please send me an e-mail after august 3rd to alantani@yahoo.com with your address and i will get some out to you. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mohamedhashem21

Quote from: Clem on July 29, 2012, 06:48:50 AM
Hi Mohamed

If you can find Super lube http://www.super-lube.com/products-ezp-285.html it is a great product.

Synthetic/Teflon based grease and oil. I have been using the Multi grease on drags and it works very well...slightly thicker than Cal's but very good and it is also cheaper.  :)
thank you very much i'll try this too :D

mohamedhashem21

Quote from: alantani on July 29, 2012, 11:08:11 AM
i have shipped to egypt without problems.  please send me an e-mail after august 3rd to alantani@yahoo.com with your address and i will get some out to you. 
thank you alan this is a very good news i'll check what also i need (reel parts) and e-mail them to you , and please explain to me how will i pay for them :D