abu garcia revo inshore frame screw stripped

Started by solsrf1, July 29, 2012, 04:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solsrf1

Hello,
Well I've done it this time. While trying to take my revo inshore apart I stripped the head of the micro frame screw. Not sure if it was frozen in there or if the screwdriver I was using was an incorrect size; in any case it's toasted. Suggestions are welcome. Tried to post a picture, but said upload file was full? Thanks Mike

Nessie Hunter

Are you talking about 1 of the 2 smaller screws on Rght side plate???
The large one releases the Lft Side plate...

If so the best & easiest option (In my opinion) is to drill out the Screw head ONLY..
When you take off the side plate, there should be room to grab the remaining screw with Vice Grips or?? and remove it...

Order new ones... 1-800-228-4272
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

solsrf1

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on July 29, 2012, 05:54:24 PM
Are you talking about 1 of the 2 smaller screws on Rght side plate???
The large one releases the Lft Side plate...

If so the best & easiest option (In my opinion) is to drill out the Screw head ONLY..
When you take off the side plate, there should be room to grab the remaining screw with Vice Grips or?? and remove it...

Order new ones... 1-800-228-4272
Thanks, that's a great idea. I did order the the kick levers based on the other info that you provided.
Mike

Nessie Hunter

;D
Hope it all works out for you...
Glad to help when I can...  :-)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!