Albacore Reports!

Started by Gman_WC, July 30, 2012, 03:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman_WC

I'm reading on BD's and other boards that albacore are being caught out of Monterey
as close as 35miles. One reorts listed water warm enough to hold fish as close as 15 miles.
Can any members here comfirm this please? I'm ready for some fresh sashimi!
-g
Walnut Creek, CA

Nessie Hunter

As a member of Bloody Decks....
I can not confirm nor deny those reports!!!!   ;D ;D ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Dominick

Gary:  I am not home.  The home computer has a site for a bait shop in Santa Cruz.  They usually give pretty accurate reports.  I'll try Google and see what I can find.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

here you go check out this site.  http://www.baysidemarinesc.com/   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

i read some of those reports as well.  just my luck, it's wintertime here in australia!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gman_WC

Quote from: alantani on July 31, 2012, 12:22:02 AM
i read some of those reports as well.  just my luck, it's wintertime here in australia!

Alan, What are you doing down under?
I think there may be a few blokes from the board that will toss a few Fosters back with you
while you visit  ;D
Thanks Dom, I'll check it out.
-g
Walnut Creek, CA

alantani

family vacation!  had intended to visit jack erskine, but went to his funeral instead.  just had dinner with peter pakula this evening.  had a great time.  the weather is too rough to fish.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Don't know nothing about California but it looks like we are having another excellent albacore year up here in Oregon.  There have been reliable reports of 50-80 fish days out of 21'-26' boats.  Fish at 17 miles and one report of an albacore caught off a jeddy.  Yellow tail have been caught too, Oregon caught dorado next?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gman_WC

Was reading new reports lastnight saying it's going down off of Santa Cruz now at 6 miles.
Time to buy new blood boots. The old one's dried up and cracked
-g
Walnut Creek, CA