Saved from the deep--Zebco Quantum SS1

Started by Bill B, August 01, 2012, 12:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Found this SS1 and Eagle Claw while walking the exposed banks of Lake Piru, in Piru, Ca.  The fishing was slow and the water was down 20' exposing a lot of brush piles, my buddy and I walked the shore line picking lures from the brush when i saw this little gem in the newly exposed mud.  Took it home, cleaned it up and it's a dandy to use for trout and bluegill.  Something to throw littel 1/16 oz lures on 6 lb test compared to the 113's and 40 lb test.  Couldn't have been in the water long the cork handles were still in good shape.  The SS1 is shown here next to a Mitchell 300.

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Danhans

George4741

Nice!  I like small spinners for trout.  The smaller, the better.
viurem lliures o morirem

New Site Yellowcat

That's a great find.!!! I haven't saw a Eagle Claw rod like that in a while.!!!! Those were the only rods I had growing up YEARS ago..
Thru the years I owned several of them..
I also had 1 heavy action casting rod.. Used it for a worm rod, caught a bunch of bass with it.
Do they still make them.????

Thanks for the post.!! Brought back some good times to mind..  james

Bill B

Looks like Eagle Claw are still making them, doubt they're as good as the old ones....I still enjoy using that little rod....sometimes it's just nice to throw the little 1/16oz jigs and spinners on 6lb test than the big irons on a 7 1/2'lb test rig.....it's a great bluegill and crappie rig.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!